Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 30-01-2012, 15:23

********** will do anything to get you mick then they turn nasty theres a forum somewhere about them so glad i read it as i was going to move to them there aptly named shark resorts

EDIT
Company name removed

Angela B.

Last edited by Angela M; 30-01-2012 at 15:33.

Old 30-01-2012, 15:39

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
Research research research. Not everyone does..
http://www.isleofwightforum.co.uk/thread262.html
whilst im all for research im with the afore mentioned PR and have had nothing but fantastic service on my site and this forum thread is from 2008 and one thing PR does like to do is change its managers some for the better some for the worse but non the less your best research is visting the site and speaking with current owners and seeing for yourself

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m505/Coralee34
Old 31-01-2012, 00:52
Retired Member

I think it is like any Big Company Park, it depends on the GM. Unfortunately, they move them around a lot and the sales staff are shunted to other parks.
Losing key staff can change a site dramatically. I can think of one PR site in the Clacton area that used to be the dog's wotsits (everyone wanted to be on there) but now it isn't so great ............
Old 31-01-2012, 02:34
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by keira View Post
********** will do anything to get you mick then they turn nasty theres a forum somewhere about them so glad i read it as i was going to move to them there aptly named shark resorts

EDIT
Company name removed

Angela B.
i can only comment on the park i saw obviously,but no matter how good/bad the company is,the word leisure seemed to be totally ignored in the park layout.in fairness, i suppose if you were only going there for a week it would be ok,but for anything other than that it would be my worst nightmare.
Old 31-01-2012, 10:04
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
i can only comment on the park i saw obviously,but no matter how good/bad the company is,the word leisure seemed to be totally ignored in the park layout.in fairness, i suppose if you were only going there for a week it would be ok,but for anything other than that it would be my worst nightmare.
They usually have better pitches Mick but you have to buy an expensive caravan from them.

Most of the bigger Company Parks are basically geared up for the holiday rental market and if you buy a van from them, all they really want you to do is rent it out through them - people on holiday tend to spend a lot more money in the clubhouse, etc. than owners.

I know where you are coming from though, I just wouldn't find it enjoyable to be squished in the middle of some of these sites, inbetween loads of rentals. Some people aren't bothered though and just enjoy using all the facilities the bigger parks have.

Suppose it just depends what you want.