Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:11

Default Buying in Southport..

Hi,

I am dipping my toe back in the world of static caravan ownership, notwithstanding the usual pitfalls.

I would like to hear peoples thoughts about parks in Southport area. Pro and Cons. I haven't decided if I want a quiet park and bright lights park? But I would like it to be close to the beach\coast hence picking Southport as my chosen place.

Thanks in advance.

Old 08-06-2016, 16:15

http://www.gostatic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=7766
fontaine is in Southport

Last edited by treetopper; 08-06-2016 at 16:25.
Old 08-06-2016, 17:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Thanks for the link, I ve done a bit of research and thankfully isnt as mindboggling as finding the right park in North Wales...too many!!

Willowbank Caravan seems to tick the boxes. So fingers crossed to bag a bargain on that park...i wish

Please let me know if you are on that site or others in Southport that I should consider.
Old 08-06-2016, 18:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen navigator View Post
Hi,

I am dipping my toe back in the world of static caravan ownership, notwithstanding the usual pitfalls.

I would like to hear peoples thoughts about parks in Southport area. Pro and Cons. I haven't decided if I want a quiet park and bright lights park? But I would like it to be close to the beach\coast hence picking Southport as my chosen place.

Thanks in advance.
I have a van on willowbank holiday park which is in ainsdale about 4 miles south of southport
It is a quiet park with no clubhouse but buying a van on there is very reasonable
I bought a 2005 willerby Winchester for 12 grand 2 years ago 2 toilets one ensuite walk in wardrobe Dg. Ch etc
Site fees are 2300 per annum which is inclusive of rates
The park is dead flat and is stunning
There is also a 50 week season and 1 mile from the sea
I can heartily recommend this park I love it on there
Old 08-06-2016, 19:37

[QUOTE=fontaine;162040]I have a van on willowbank holiday park which is in ainsdale about 4 miles south of southport
It is a quiet park with no clubhouse but buying a van on there is very reasonable
I bought a 2005 willerby Winchester for 12 grand 2 years ago 2 toilets one ensuite walk in wardrobe Dg. Ch etc
Site fees are 2300 per annum which is inclusive of rates
The park is dead flat and is stunning
There is also a 50 week season and 1 mile from the sea
I can heartily recommend this park I love it on there[/QUOTE

Well this the order is location, park, static.

Fairly sold on Southport, and Willowbank seems a nice park. Hope to find a static at the right price.

Going to hit Southport at the weekend and see what happens
Old 09-06-2016, 21:21

Stay away from leisure lakes that's a well known zoo.i have been on formby point & my mate has one on there now .right on sand dunes not a super site but decent & friendly not to expensive.

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...dy/caravan.jpg
Old 10-06-2016, 06:47

Good luck with your search. I hope you have a successful foray around Southport.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen navigator View Post
Thanks for the link, I ve done a bit of research and thankfully isnt as mindboggling as finding the right park in North Wales...too many!!

Willowbank Caravan seems to tick the boxes. So fingers crossed to bag a bargain on that park...i wish

Please let me know if you are on that site or others in Southport that I should consider.
Well pity you ruled out north wales...as there are some great vans coming on to market at Treetops.... I'm sure one person on here can recommend one...Good Luck with your search,might be of interest to others searching in north wales..

Last edited by treetopper; 10-06-2016 at 08:27.
Old 11-06-2016, 00:34

There are a lot of sites in North Wales but you can more or less guarantee to find exactly what you want, whether it's a huge site with all the amenities you can imagine or a small family run site with just a few vans and no amenities. You can have inland sites or ones right on the beach and you can have sites situated on the hills with beautiful views, like TreeTops or ones on the level like ours. The choice is perfect.
Local beaches are lovely and there are so many interesting places to visit. I have absolutely no regrets about choosing the N Wales coastal area as it have everything I want at a reasonable distance from home but you must pick whatever is best for you. All the best.