Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 27-04-2011, 19:20
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Question How do you keep your caravan cool in summer??

Well, we've discussed keeping our caravans warm in the winter, so lets discuss how we all keep our caravans cool in summer...
Do you have any tricks? Especially if you have dogs, I'd love to hear what you do.

Well my friends, it's over to you.....

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'

Old 27-04-2011, 19:29
Supporting Member

well not being in the sun helps!! i dont really get a lot of sun cos of the position of my van ( please dont feel sorry for me i am fine and i am over it!! honestly) although i did have some on my patio area the other day
anyway, i just open all the windows and let the wind go through... not at night though.....
funny enough i was thinking about this the other day, some of the vans by me are in direct sun for hours and hours and i was wondering how they cope with it.... they must be sweltering in their vans i said to myself and in some ways it is a bonus to me that i am not in direct sunshine......

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 27-04-2011, 19:37

We are in a lovely sunny spot (sorry Tiamaria) we open the windows and tilt the blinds. One dog usually finds the coolest spot in the shade under the bed and the other dog (the one with one pink fluffy brain cell) sits in the full sun til she can't stand it any longer then will find a cool spot on the lino in the kitchen. We also have fans to keep them (and us) cool - that said it does go quite a bit cooler at night - we are in the van as we speak and I've got the fire on!!!
Old 27-04-2011, 19:42
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird View Post
We are in a lovely sunny spot (sorry Tiamaria) we open the windows and tilt the blinds. One dog usually finds the coolest spot in the shade under the bed and the other dog (the one with one pink fluffy brain cell) sits in the full sun til she can't stand it any longer then will find a cool spot on the lino in the kitchen. We also have fans to keep them (and us) cool - that said it does go quite a bit cooler at night - we are in the van as we speak and I've got the fire on!!!
excuse me LIverbird.... i said i was OVER IT.................
fire on!!!! huh...... we didnt have ours on all weekend!!!

your dogs are as crazy as my cats..... my old 18 years old moggy sits in direct sunshine until he almost passes out!! i have to keep a beady eye on him and bring him into the dining room ( i am talking at home now)...... AND i always put a towrl in his bed to keep him cool, as oppose to the normal pet bedding that he has ( fluffy blankets and fleeces)

Old 27-04-2011, 19:43
Social Media Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liverbird View Post
Did you say ..... Blinds?

Yup, sounds familiar so far, our problem at the mo is that we don't have decking and one of my dogs is stone deaf, and a very nervous young dog we rescued, so I'm terrified of him 'legging it' and I won't be able to call him back.

I'm toying with the idea of buying two 'travel stairgates' to put across the doors, that way we can leave the doors open...

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 27-04-2011, 19:47
Supporting Member

Angela

you have to get some gates for the doors.... then the door can stay open and you can have a nosey out...... I mean the dogs will be safe and wont escape..

Old 27-04-2011, 19:50
Social Media Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
Angela

you have to get some gates for the doors.... then the door can stay open and you can have a nosey out...... I mean the dogs will be safe and wont escape..
Me nosey?? "How very dare you!!"

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 27-04-2011, 20:44
Supporting Member

WHATEVER!!!!

stick to the thread MRS......

and use a fan

Old 27-04-2011, 20:57

ive got 2 dogs both gsd's one very large one very small one very hairy lol long coat and i brought off of ebay the airport creates like pods they are designed to be warm dry and cool all in one i also have stair gates so i can have the doors and windows and i was lookin last nite at awnings to go on the side the only thing that worrys me is the wind gettin underneath it so me other plan was to look at little awnings over each window lol mmmm not sure how thats gonna work out ??? asda have got baby gates for 15 quid but i always check good old ebay first

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m505/Coralee34
Old 27-04-2011, 21:36

Our van having double glazing keeps both warm in winter & cool in summer, we also have lined curtains that do the same.
We have small opening windows in the bathrooms that are ok to have open & also all the windows lock open ajar.