Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 17-09-2018, 09:54

Default Pemberton Marlow

I looked at this website four years ago when deciding whether to buy a static van and what one to buy. Thank you for generously sharing the information new buyers need.
I'm hoping that you may be able to help again. I'm in a state of shock! We have owned our van for just over 4 years and our site has recently been taken over. We received a letter this morning that the new owners wish to remove all the existing vans from the park and will not be renewing our lease! We have until 31st October to make arrangements to move our van to another site or sell! We are devastated and seem unlikely to find another pitch on the Isle of Wight as all the other owners are in the same situation. I just canít believe it.
Can anyone give me a rough guide figure for a Pemberton Marlow 2014 2 bed 37 x 12 full residential specification Ė gas central heating, double glazing. It has been well looked after and is in excellent condition as we have had it from new.
Additionally, Can anyone recommend who to approach to sell it to?
Thank you,
Maria (first time caravan owner sadly feeling way out of depth.)

Old 17-09-2018, 11:17
Supporting Member

You have my sympathy. I too am experiencing the unsettling circumstances that a change of site ownership can bring, although not being given notice many van owners are deciding not to stay.
Do not give up until you have to, do try to find that alternative site, it may be there. Best of luck with it all.
Old 18-09-2018, 16:53

Default Pemberton

Thanks, David. We are going across to the Isle of Wight this weekend to try to find an alternative site to put our caravan. We are so reluctant to give it up after such a short time having our own van. Best of luck with your site, too.