Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet
 
 

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 22-03-2017, 06:08
Terwyl1 Terwyl1 is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2017
Posts: 1
Exclamation Site preventing private sale

I have a caravan at Parkdean Resorts Bideford Bay Holiday Park and need to sell for health reasons. Although I paid them around 14500 for the caravan in May 2014, they have made me a derisory offer of 3000.
They have an arrogant moron in the Sales Office who has already intentionally put two private purchaser off buying for 5000 with mis-information and Slanderous remarks.
Into the bargain although we have 75% of the year unexpired they are saying that they will only return 60% of the site fee.
Despite a clause in my existing agreement stating that the terms offered to a new purchaser would be no less beneficial than to me they are withdrawing a so called 'Loyalty Bonus', which will push up the fees by around 500 per year. I have had this 'Bonus' from Day 1 and has nothing to do with loyalty, it displays the fact that I was grossly overcharged for the caravan in the first place. They say it will be withdrawn because I am proposing a private sale.
I cannot make any sale without their agreement, and yet what sense would it make to continue to send people to their Sales Office.

Any useful advice would be welcome.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old 22-03-2017, 08:03
treetopper treetopper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Treetops
Posts: 5,815
Default

This is a common practice with some big sites...my advice has always been take their offer,as it saves all the hassle,and them basically putting off potential private buyers...sorry ....There are quite a few threads about your situation on here..
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 22-03-2017, 10:40
Faymoore's Avatar
Faymoore Faymoore is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Ex: ParkdeanResorts
Posts: 245
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terwyl1 View Post
I have a caravan at Parkdean Resorts Bideford Bay Holiday Park and need to sell for health reasons. Although I paid them around 14500 for the caravan in May 2014, they have made me a derisory offer of 3000.
They have an arrogant moron in the Sales Office who has already intentionally put two private purchaser off buying for 5000 with mis-information and Slanderous remarks.
Into the bargain although we have 75% of the year unexpired they are saying that they will only return 60% of the site fee.
Despite a clause in my existing agreement stating that the terms offered to a new purchaser would be no less beneficial than to me they are withdrawing a so called 'Loyalty Bonus', which will push up the fees by around 500 per year. I have had this 'Bonus' from Day 1 and has nothing to do with loyalty, it displays the fact that I was grossly overcharged for the caravan in the first place. They say it will be withdrawn because I am proposing a private sale.
I cannot make any sale without their agreement, and yet what sense would it make to continue to send people to their Sales Office.

Any useful advice would be welcome.
Sorry to read about your situation.

At this moment in time our position is not unlike yours though!

We too are arranging to sell ours privately on a PDR site and fully expect the offer to be low..as Treetopper says that is normal.

What I do not expect and most certainly will not accept is any sharp practice, derailing of the process etc....

Unfortunately, all private sales have to go through the park offices.
( so they get there 15% plus vat commission etc )

One consideration if you advertise for it to be removed from site I know you will not secure the best price but it may well be more than the park are offering. it would hopefully be less hassle than selling it on site as it were, and maybe a suitable compromise.

As for the bonus etc.. the "loyalty" bonus is generally only paid if purchased directly from site. Your potential buyers won't be elible as they are buying privately ( again same as us )

But they will certainly be able to get a better deal privately and so will you and I providing we get support from our respective parks.

Good luck
Dave.
__________________
Enjoy life to the full. Remember, this is not a dress rehearsal!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 22-03-2017, 13:09
sxjack sxjack is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 224
Default

Hi Terwyl1 I just PM'd you. So sorry to hear about the problems with PDR. x
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 22-03-2017, 20:08
Deckspares's Avatar
Deckspares Deckspares is offline
Forum Advertiser
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 224
Default

Hi Terwyl1,
Do you have decking on the van? If so PM me i may be able to assist
__________________
Souring new & used UPVC Decking kits including spare parts for all brands of verandas!
www.deckspares.co.uk or LIKE us on Facebook for regular stock updates!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 23-03-2017, 11:30
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terwyl1 View Post
I have a caravan at Parkdean Resorts Bideford Bay Holiday Park and need to sell for health reasons. Although I paid them around 14500 for the caravan in May 2014, they have made me a derisory offer of 3000.
They have an arrogant moron in the Sales Office who has already intentionally put two private purchaser off buying for 5000 with mis-information and Slanderous remarks.
Into the bargain although we have 75% of the year unexpired they are saying that they will only return 60% of the site fee.
Despite a clause in my existing agreement stating that the terms offered to a new purchaser would be no less beneficial than to me they are withdrawing a so called 'Loyalty Bonus', which will push up the fees by around 500 per year. I have had this 'Bonus' from Day 1 and has nothing to do with loyalty, it displays the fact that I was grossly overcharged for the caravan in the first place. They say it will be withdrawn because I am proposing a private sale.
I cannot make any sale without their agreement, and yet what sense would it make to continue to send people to their Sales Office.

Any useful advice would be welcome.
I know it won't help your situation, but our park let you have private sales through the park and charge 15% commission on the price of the sale. A much better arrangement than what you are being offered. At least owners on our site can place their own price on their vans.

It always seems grossly unfair when a site charges a high price when selling a van but offer peanuts when you are selling. All I can say is that they must paying their salesmen one hell of a commission, as you can guarantee the price they sell your van on for, will bear no relationship to the price they have offered you..

Last edited by Mosquito; 23-03-2017 at 11:32.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 23-03-2017, 12:05
rainbow's Avatar
rainbow rainbow is offline
Supporting Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Ullswater
Posts: 871
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I know it won't help your situation, but our park let you have private sales through the park and charge 15% commission on the price of the sale. A much better arrangement than what you are being offered. At least owners on our site can place their own price on their vans.
It sounds though that Terwyl1 can also sell privately with a commission going to the park. Standard stuff.
What stinks though, is that any of us would depend on the park to help a private sale go through as most potential buyers would sensibly approach the office to satisfy themselves the arrangements were acceptable to the park, and here we have park staff actively spoiling any potential sale in the hope that the vendor becomes desperate and ends up selling to the park for peanuts.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 23-03-2017, 12:43
treetopper treetopper is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Treetops
Posts: 5,815
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
I know it won't help your situation, but our park let you have private sales through the park and charge 15% commission on the price of the sale. A much better arrangement than what you are being offered. At least owners on our site can place their own price on their vans.

It always seems grossly unfair when a site charges a high price when selling a van but offer peanuts when you are selling. All I can say is that they must paying their salesmen one hell of a commission, as you can guarantee the price they sell your van on for, will bear no relationship to the price they have offered you..
Your park can still stop any private sale...as your rules may say the park has to be first offered the van or lodge in your case...they can still stop any private sale as they want to vet any potential purchaser...think sites who employ commission paid sales people defo put off private sales and don't forget the equity owned sites don't run at a loss...
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 24-03-2017, 14:35
JoBo's Avatar
JoBo JoBo is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 112
Default

What does your contract say?
__________________
Delta Kensington
West Wittering, West Sussex

http://joloholidayhome.weebly.com/
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 24-03-2017, 17:13
Mosquito Mosquito is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Fold House Park, Pilling , Lancashire.
Posts: 1,372
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Your park can still stop any private sale...as your rules may say the park has to be first offered the van or lodge in your case...they can still stop any private sale as they want to vet any potential purchaser...think sites who employ commission paid sales people defo put off private sales and don't forget the equity owned sites don't run at a loss...
Some parks may go that way as they are entitled to know who is on the park, but not all parks will stop a sale just because it's a private sale. Don't forget most parks have pitches they want to fill, and if they receive 15% of the sale fee, they may well be happy with that.

I do agree with your comments on commission paid salesmen.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

West Coast Windows


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
buying private sale magic Buying A Static Caravan 11 26-08-2016 17:12
private sale am i getting this craig12 Buying A Static Caravan 17 18-09-2013 09:08
Private Sale Help - Site fee refund to seller? ArthurSleep Buying A Static Caravan 24 29-04-2012 17:04
Private sale of mobile home JillyJane Selling A Caravan 1 29-04-2010 10:19


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:14.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.