Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 10-07-2017, 11:57

Default Selling our Static Caravan

Unfortunately I am possibly selling my static caravan.
The site has asked me to supply them with a proposal price for my van. I have no idea what a rough value would be...and I don't want to under estimate as I am sure they will try and knock my asking price down!

Is there anywhere that I can obtain a rough value of the caravan?

Thank you in advance.

Old 10-07-2017, 12:06

You could try a PM to Bigland 2003, he might be able to help you.
Old 10-07-2017, 14:01

Start at what you paid for it....then the ball is in their court....saves you underestimating
Old 10-07-2017, 15:50

Thank you for your replies. We bought it brand new in 2009, so realise that it will have depreciated, just not sure how much they depreciate by.
Old 10-07-2017, 16:24
Supporting Member

A reasonable trade valuation would be the place to start and suggestion by Mevennais to pm Bigland on here ( park owner and caravan dealer ) for assistance should be a great help.
Good luck and do let us know how you get on.
Old 10-07-2017, 17:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by onella View Post
Thank you for your replies. We bought it brand new in 2009, so realise that it will have depreciated, just not sure how much they depreciate by.
How long is the license?
At 8 years old are you allowed to sell to a 3rd party?
Old 10-07-2017, 21:21

As long it is under 10 years old, we are allowed to sell it 3rd party, however we are not allowed to advertise on the actual site and we must give the site first refusal. If we sell it 3rd party we must sell it for more than what we asked the site for/or whatever the site offered us and give them 15% commission of the sale (I think the 15% commission is probably the normal for selling to a 3rd party)
I just don't want to go in with a figure that is way of the mark, because once I have submitted it they won't allow me to change it if I have went in to low.

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone is giving me, it is very much appreciated.
Old 10-07-2017, 21:28

Quote:
As long it is under 10 years old, we are allowed to sell it 3rd party, however we are not allowed to advertise on the actual site and we must give the site first refusal. If we sell it 3rd party we must sell it for more than what we asked the site for/or whatever the site offered us and give them 15% commission of the sale (I think the 15% commission is probably the normal for selling to a 3rd party)
I just don't want to go in with a figure that is way of the mark, because once I have submitted it they won't allow me to change it if I have went in to low.

Thanks for all the help and advice everyone is giving me, it is very much appreciated.

It doesn't matter what you ask for the park owner will already have a price from their trade book. I can only think they want you to give a price that is lower than the one they are going to offer. Make sure your sitting down when you get the price they are prepared to pay. Why don't you ring around some caravan traders and get some rough quotes of them.
Old 10-07-2017, 21:47

Quote:

Is it 15%+vat....is about 18%...