Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 14-04-2018, 16:56

Asked the seller about the license, she said there are old vans on the site & the owner doesn't care how long you remain.
However as you say if the owner decides to sell the site, for whatever reason, there might be a bereavement for example,then anything can happen unless I get a watertight agreement as to duration. This probably won't happen, so I will just speak to the site owners & make my decision.

Thanks for all the advice.

Old 15-04-2018, 07:38

Some parks leave it open as long as the van is in good condition. Some owners don't like that system as they feel they could be asked to leave at the whim of the park owner. A good idea is to ask van owners on the park to see how the park is run. Obviously, if the park changes ownership and you have nothing in writing it could compromise any verbal agreement you may have.

If you can get a deal on a good timeline in writing, that would be the best way to go.
Old 15-04-2018, 08:29

Sounds like you are dealing with van owner,and as such is a "salesperson",so they can say owt,but nothing in writing .After your previous van purchase experience, it's walk away time....
Old 15-04-2018, 09:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Sounds like you are dealing with van owner,and as such is a "salesperson",so they can say owt,but nothing in writing .After your previous van purchase experience, it's walk away time....
Deffo I agree with treetopper .Walk away..It's a buyers market and there are millions of vans out there and one of them (not this one ) has your name on it !
Old 15-04-2018, 09:50

I think your right talking to site owner , get all info from him/her and price from van owner making sure both are aware you are speaking to both .... obviously making sure who is liable for commission to site
Old 15-04-2018, 12:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanleflem View Post
Asked the seller about the license, she said there are old vans on the site & the owner doesn't care how long you remain.
However as you say if the owner decides to sell the site, for whatever reason, there might be a bereavement for example,then anything can happen unless I get a watertight agreement as to duration. This probably won't happen, so I will just speak to the site owners & make my decision.

Thanks for all the advice.
I'd be very wary of anybody who says 'there are older vans on the site', that doesn't mean anything. If there is only an annual licence you can be asked to leave at any time. Doesn't matter if the site owner decides to sell or not, unless you have the protection of at 15 or 20 year licence, walk away. A friend of mine bought on another site and was told by the salesman that there were a lot of older vans on the site, so he bought an 9 year old van, on a site with a 12 year licence and 3 years later was asked to upgrade or leave.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4