Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 25-09-2016, 14:36

Im sure its all about making pitches available for these new caravans they are selling. Worked it out that in the past 5 and half years including the purchase price of 7000 ( we paid cash..so no interest involved) we have paid to the site 20,137. Maybe that is not a lot of money to some but it is to us.
The only difference I can see in our caravan and other newer models is that they have pitched rooves.

It states in our contract (written) that there is no age limit on site if the caravan is kept clean and tidy and I specifically asked them before we bought the caravan if there was an age limit ...absolutely nothing about
"We strive to maintain high standards on the park and although we do not have a strict age limit we do insist that caravans should be maintained to a suitable standard to remain on ...... holiday park.
The condition should be clean, tidy and mobile. The tired appearance of your caravan
does not meet the required standard"

Goes on to say we can up grade bla bla bla....or we can assist with the disconnection should we wish to remove from park....what the hell can I do, hitch it to my car and tow it away!!!!

Oh and if I want to talk to him I have to make a sodding appointment.....Heaven help the one who buys that 2003 model they will only have about five years as well

once again sorry for sounding off
Lizzie

Old 25-09-2016, 15:00

Does it make a difference if you have no age limit in writing? Do you have any pictures of your van when you bought it and up to date pictures. Ask them to point out the difference between then and now in the appearance of your van. Argue your case and as someone above said tell them you will need a couple of years grace to come up with the money to upgrade even if you don't think you will upgrade they are not to know. I don't agree with deceiving people but in this case it would be karma.
Old 25-09-2016, 15:13

Thats what Paul said clarrissa...good idea about the photos...i would put on here but photobucket has gone haywire. think I may email them
thanks x
Old 25-09-2016, 15:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyknits View Post

It states in our contract (written) that there is no age limit on site if the caravan is kept clean and tidy and I specifically asked them before we bought the caravan if there was an age limit ...absolutely nothing about
"We strive to maintain high standards on the park and although we do not have a strict age limit we do insist that caravans should be maintained to a suitable standard to remain on ...... holiday park.
The condition should be clean, tidy and mobile. The tired appearance of your caravan
does not meet the required standard
"
The condition clause is always dodgy, it's subjective and as can be seen from your post it's don't to personal interpretation. One mans shed is another mans palace.

The only way to know how long you have on park is to buy with an agreement that gives an end date. There's no such thing as "No Time Limit"

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 25-09-2016, 15:38

the tired appearance bit was in the letter they sent to us treetops...wish i could get photo bucket working
Old 25-09-2016, 15:48

Is anyone able to see my photos...I cant seem to get on photobucket and all I get is blue writing....Im sure there will be photos of it on there and to me it doesn't look any different
Old 25-09-2016, 16:28

The photos won't mean much to us as we can't influence the park. You need to challenge them on their comments when you bought the caravan.

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 25-09-2016, 16:34

Hi dizzyknits, bucket seems to be slow but is showing about 20 of your photos, none of which seem to give a good idea of whether the outside looks "tired", not that I'd be qualified to say anyway! Perhaps you've more photos that you've recently uploaded.
I've said it before to others and the same applies to yourself - you need professional advice from a suitably qualified and knowledgeable person/company before you can/should go any further. It will also give you the shoulder that you must need at the moment to share your problems with. The fact that when your site realises that you are not on your own but have a professional team behind you could make all the difference.
Try contacting NACO. Static Caravan Advice
www.nacoservices.com/ 01255 820321 (Closed today-Sunday)
National Association of Caravan Owners provide independent static caravan advice to owners across UK. Become a member costs 24 and lasts for one year regardless...
Their staff are very experienced and knowledgeable and will, if necessary, seek advice from their own solicitors to assist.
We can all (static members) offer advice but are not qualified, don't know all the loopholes whereas I found that they did. Even helped me with putting together a letter. I feel although a verbal promise is 'legally binding', this is only the case if it can be proved what was said by who when and where. That's why it's already been said that you mainly have your written contract to go by.
You have nothing to lose by just giving them a call, chatting about your situation and finding out whether it might be worth the investment of 24 for membership. I doubt that you'd even get to sit down in a solicitors office for that price!
Best regards and hope that all turns out well for you.
Old 25-09-2016, 16:49

Hi Lizze, sorry to hear your news, hope it all works out and you can stay on your site. It must be very difficult if you love your van and don't want to give it up. Although it is probably no consolation to you, perhaps you could look back over 5 good years you have had the van, I assume you have had many good holidays there in that time. Your figures show that in 5 and a half years you've probably paid just under 4000 a year. A single holiday abroad for a family can cost that and a couple of weeks renting a van at a big site can cost up to 1000 a week. In comparison our site has a 10 year licence and any vans over 12 are asked to leave. We knew this when we bought the van new, and we pay 3,500 a year in fees so our annual outlay will be nearer 7000 a year at the end of 10 years. We bought the van knowing this upfront and bought into the lifestyle, we have been here 98 days so far this year, but if you weren't aware you would have to leave I can understand your anger. As other posters have said there is no such thing as 'no time limit', they can ask you to leave at any time, the only time you have protection is if you have a fixed licence.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4
Old 02-10-2016, 07:36

Hopefully I can post a photo of our caravan correctly...this was taken last month
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...810_150227.jpg