Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 02-10-2016, 11:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzyknits View Post
Hopefully I can post a photo of our caravan correctly...this was taken last month
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...810_150227.jpg
Have you spoken to office yet,as they may give a definitive answer as to why they want to remove your van...

Old 02-10-2016, 17:01

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Have you spoken to office yet,as they may give a definitive answer as to why they want to remove your van...
Sent an email yesterday to director treetopper asking him why and what exactly is wrong....also with a 2011 photo and a 2016....could not bring myself to phone up as he is an arrogant man...we've had a couple of issues with him..like hooking up to our water supply and running the hose through the hedge to where the "family" live....Paul got a sarcastic response when he went to office. Also our electric box has fell off its post (rusted away)....nothing been done about it....my mum went to buy a gas bottle when she was there and it was like to was too much trouble to serve her....this was all the esteemed director....so we will not be staying there or upgrading....has put us off looking elsewhere as well...thanks for your interest
Lizzie
Old 02-10-2016, 17:03

Hi I think NACO is the way to go for you to get expert (and legal) help as it sounds as though your site might continue to be difficult. I would also look at other similar aged/older vans and ask the site what it intends to do about those, or even look for younger vans whose appearance is unkempt. At least you can then draw comparisons. Many of the older vans I see have been excellently maintained, not so for some of the newer vans. I sympathise with your plight, we invest not only money.
Old 02-10-2016, 17:11

Default Me too, I upped and moved to another site.

Quote:
Sent an email yesterday to director treetopper asking him why and what exactly is wrong....also with a 2011 photo and a 2016....could not bring myself to phone up as he is an arrogant man...we've had a couple of issues with him..like hooking up to our water supply and running the hose through the hedge to where the "family" live....Paul got a sarcastic response when he went to office. Also our electric box has fell off its post (rusted away)....nothing been done about it....my mum went to buy a gas bottle when she was there and it was like to was too much trouble to serve her....this was all the esteemed director....so we will not be staying there or upgrading....has put us off looking elsewhere as well...thanks for your interest
Lizzie
Sickening, arrogant and rude and sounds very much like the pattern of bullying I had where I had my van originally. All designed to deter you and push you off site. At some cost I went and took my van and it's the best thing I ever did. There ought to be a blacklist of such sites, thank God there are still some ethical owners around. Go NACO!
Old 02-10-2016, 17:14

Thumbs up Tired?

Looks pretty good to me!
Old 02-10-2016, 19:55

Hi Dizzy.

Its really annoying how this has panned out. But like a former poster said you have had 5 great years, and absolutely stole the van in the first place at 7k. Just remember the good times.
Old 02-10-2016, 20:23

It may just be the bowed roof that they are saying makes it look outdated. Five years ago lots on our site were like that, now the odd one or two make them stand out

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 02-10-2016, 20:46
Supporting Member

Quote:
Lizzie
Quote:
Originally Posted by sxjack View Post
Sickening, arrogant and rude and sounds very much like the pattern of bullying I had where I had my van originally. All designed to deter you and push you off site. At some cost I went and took my van and it's the best thing I ever did. There ought to be a blacklist of such sites, thank God there are still some ethical owners around. Go NACO!
its not what you want to hear but it does sound like you are well out of it! they seem to be doing everything possible to make things uncomfortable for you... how awful to treat you like this..
tell them you want them to make you a good offer for your van or you will kick up a right stink with the appropriate people...
and surely they would not want their 'good' name sullied about...

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 03-10-2016, 12:15

I feel sorry for you as you are clearly attached to your van and don't want to get rid of her on the basis of someone elses opinion. A site we used to be on done this and there were some very well kept old vans which were not replaced by their owners, they reluctantly walked away. The result was the site having to put used vans on their plots and let them out to sun reader's at a very low price. They lost a regular income from some very nice owners and unsettled many owners who were still on site because of the number of lettings vans sitting next to them. Karma for the site owners?
Old 03-10-2016, 16:14

It looks lovely. Good luck to you.