Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 15-04-2015, 21:37

Hi there.

Im no expert on these things but I think it works like this. If you owe 12k, and the trader offers 8, I think you pay the difference and get a settlement figure of 8k, which the dealer pays the finance firm. I may be wrong tho.

Old 16-04-2015, 14:26

Hi all,
It's not looking good I'm afraid, trade price, as said in posts above, is well below what is owed on finance and I simply dont have the 's to make up the shortfall.
I will try a classified ad, where is the best place to advertise? (somewhere with the most success)
Can I advertise on here?
Treetops, I think you put your park number above, was that you who answered this afternoon?
Old 16-04-2015, 14:56
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Have you tried asking the office? Citizens Advice Bureau too.

You can advertise your static on the forum FREE here
http://www.gostatic.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=14

The more information and photos the better (post a link to photobucket)

Just one thing I thought about, when does the caravan belong to you if you still owe finance on it after the sale?
I would also suggest that you speak to the finance company if you definitely can't afford to keep it on due to your circumstances. We can all advise and take a guess what they'd say, but you won't know until you actually speak to them yourself (as hard as that may feel).

You can also advertise on preloved, ukcampsite.co.uk, gumtree, local newspaper, local shop, you could also ask if the site would handle a private sale, there is up to 15% to take off sale price too!

You will get less money for selling it as an "off site" sale, you will also need permission from your site to do this, as someone will be responsible for disconnection from your plot. (Another cost)

Good luck, keep us informed, and we'll do our best to help you

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 16-04-2015, 16:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova01 View Post
Hi all,
It's not looking good I'm afraid, trade price, as said in posts above, is well below what is owed on finance and I simply dont have the 's to make up the shortfall.
I will try a classified ad, where is the best place to advertise? (somewhere with the most success)
Can I advertise on here?
Treetops, I think you put your park number above, was that you who answered this afternoon?
Sorry about that, nice to have talked to you though.

I know it's not ideal, but you may have to take out a personal loan to pay off the balance of the caravan after the amount you make from the sale. horrible position to be in but you should find the payments much lower.

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 16-04-2015, 18:39
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
Sorry about that, nice to have talked to you though.

I know it's not ideal, but you may have to take out a personal loan to pay off the balance of the caravan after the amount you make from the sale. horrible position to be in but you should find the payments much lower.
i think you are right andy.years ago i was foolish enough to buy a timeshare in torremolinos,which failed,and i was left owing 7000 plus the interest.we ended up paying over 9 grand for something we never stayed in.
Old 17-04-2015, 12:37

Hi all,
I will put an advert and some pictures together and place it on the sit and the other places advised.
I don't think I would be able to take out a personal loan to cover the shortfall due to my circumstances.
I have spoken to the office, they have put a for sale sign in the window and have a key.
I will see what happens after placing the advert.
Old 17-04-2015, 12:49
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by nova01 View Post
Hi all,
I will put an advert and some pictures together and place it on the sit and the other places advised.
I don't think I would be able to take out a personal loan to cover the shortfall due to my circumstances.
I have spoken to the office, they have put a for sale sign in the window and have a key.
I will see what happens after placing the advert.
Hi again, have you removed personal /and valuable items,TV's etc? Or will viewings be accompanied only? Only mention it as I've seen strangers wandering about with bunches of keys before now viewing whatever they like unaccompanied

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 02-05-2015, 11:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
I always give this advice.....sell van to site and walk away, as it saves all the hassle and you will not have to find site fees and any money you get will pay off your finance, or have months of advertising fees etc.for selling van private...Good Luck
I did take your advice treetopper made sense for me,Looking nearer home now getting weary
Old 29-03-2017, 22:41

I know this is an old post, but please remember that after paying half the finance you are legally entitled to walk away from the goods. Sites and lenders won't tell you this because they are then hit with the repossession costs, but this means you won't get blacklisted