Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 25-03-2020, 10:26

This was sent to us by our park. They are agreeing that few people who have nowhere else to go, as they are living in their caravan, as per government guidelines will be allowed to stay, but after this has all been sorted there will be action taken. This is part of the notice we received, part 'c' makes interesting reading and I think many parks will be tightening this up. If you believe you have a valid reason to stay on the park then you must have called us by 2pm today to discuss this. Those who have already contacted us will be called in the next couple of hours to discuss this.
The decision making process will take into account the following:
a. Government advice is that self isolation is NOT a reason to remain on a holiday park.
b. Those who's house is in another country may remain, but you will be asked to provide proof that the foreign home is actually your main abode, and that you have no other options within the UK.
c. Anyone that admits that they have nowhere else to go (no other property/subletting main abode, etc..) needs to be aware that they are in breach of their license agreement and that enforcement action will inevitably take place after the crisis is over.
d. Any owner who refuses to leave the park without a good reason to stay risks immediate police action and enforcement action after the crisis.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4

Old 25-03-2020, 11:29

Good call from your park. Although Parks should be checking to make sure that they themselves are not in breach of their licence by turning a blind eye to misuse of holiday homes.
I suppose that there will be people who are "trapped"; people whose main homes are in another country almost certainly arrived some time ago and may not now be able to get home.
Some people may be in a "temporary" homeless situation, where they have sold their home before completing on the new home (I am talking about people who have exchanged but not completed, not those who have sold up and living on a holiday park while they "look around").
Workers living temporarily away from home for work purposes are also apparently (as per Gov guidelines) allowed to stay - presumably if it is essential work.
Although one hopes that they would have discussed this with the Park owners before moving in.
But the majority will almost certainly turn out to be those ignoring all guidelines and with no valid reason to be living there.
Old 25-03-2020, 12:06

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter.R View Post
Our park in Northumberland is open although....Not many people here ( 21/3/2020) we do not have entertainment facilities at our park but our owners sister park...Has closed their club house etc and come up with a great idea :-
The caravan park is holding "a drive in bingo night !"

Similar to the drive in movies ....You drive to the main car park....Park up.....Don't get out of your car..(social distance).....Ladies on roller skates deliver your bingo cards to you....
Tune in your car radio to allocated station......Wait for the numbers to be called.....Sound your horn and flash your lights if you want to shout.....Bingo !!!

A great idea I think ?

Good old British wartime spirit " keep calm and carry on !!"
We received an official letter yesterday that all parks owned by our owners (Northumberland)...are now closed until further notice ...

Typical eh it's 17' here today too!
Old 25-03-2020, 19:04

Default Closed sites

Bet no site owners have offered rent reductions!
Old 25-03-2020, 22:02
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgk View Post
Your static is still on the pitch (ground) that you are renting. You are still getting what you pay for.
Old 26-03-2020, 07:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Your static is still on the pitch (ground) that you are renting. You are still getting what you pay for.
True but on my site there is a pool and kids play etc. The cost of the use of these covered in my rent and I can't use them.

But on the flip side the site is now not earning money from any rentals or food and drink in the bar/club house.

It's a bit of both. I'm hoping the full lock down doesn't go on for more than another month but that's not what I'm getting from my work. They reckon at least 2 months...
Old 26-03-2020, 08:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgk View Post
I don't think that will happen ?...Bearing in mind the government has offered "businesses" free rates ?

The best we can all do is campaign for no site fee increases next season ?
Old 26-03-2020, 10:05

At the end of the day some sites are 10 month seasons some are 12 month some people dont use their vans from oct to Easter you pay fees regardless if you use the van for 1 week or 52 weeks of the year, most of the people shouting about reductions in fees on social media are the ones who rely on rental income to pay them, i kinda think this situation answers a lot of questions asked about renting though nothing is Guarenteed.
Old 26-03-2020, 10:09

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidE View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparkalicious View Post
True but on my site there is a pool and kids play etc. The cost of the use of these covered in my rent and I can't use them.
Would you want to use the pool and play area?

How would you implement social distancing, if they were open?
Old 26-03-2020, 14:02

Had an Email from our new site stating that under the current conditions and law they were under no obligation to offer any money back on fees already paid or due, however they would offer some form of payment or discount as a goodwill gesture once things get back to normal obviously some have already raised concern, i think thats pretty fair to be honest.