Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Before Owning A Caravan

Before Owning A Caravan Discussion and advice on all aspects involved in deciding if a static caravan is right for you.

Old 20-08-2018, 09:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhb View Post
Is it possible that the renters lied when booking?
Unfortunately, while the majority of people will be honest and treat other people's property with care, there are a minority who are totally selfish and want what they want, regardless of the effects it has on others.
When a company rents out a property, they have a duty to ensure that all agreements are adhered to. In the event of rules and agreements being broken, they are responsible.

The property/van should be checked before or even after the renters leave. graphic evidence of any breach is always a good idea. A security deposit should have been taken at the time of booking. Any cost for damage or cleaning required should be deducted from the said deposit. Of course, a simple contract of hiring should be signed by the renter. That should be provided by the company who has the contract for renting the property/van.

The best course of action undoubted is not to hire out your van unless you really have to. If you have to, choose a company that knows how to do the job properly.

Last edited by Mosquito; 20-08-2018 at 09:50.

Old 21-08-2018, 08:35

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosquito View Post
When a company rents out a property, they have a duty to ensure that all agreements are adhered to. In the event of rules and agreements being broken, they are responsible.

The property/van should be checked before or even after the renters leave. graphic evidence of any breach is always a good idea. A security deposit should have been taken at the time of booking. Any cost for damage or cleaning required should be deducted from the said deposit. Of course, a simple contract of hiring should be signed by the renter. That should be provided by the company who has the contract for renting the property/van.

The best course of action undoubted is not to hire out your van unless you really have to. If you have to, choose a company that knows how to do the job properly.
I presume that Amled went through one of the major holiday company letting system. We have experience of their couldn't careless attitude. Our neighbour had stipulated no dogs or smoking in their top range caravan, the company let it out on the Sun Holidays voucher system to smokers with a dog. They don't take a security deposit and don't monitor what is happening in the caravans. We have witnessed disgusting remnants after holidaymakers have left. The company just shrug when told.
Let privately and you not only keep control but you get a far better class of people.
Old 22-08-2018, 07:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mevennais View Post
I presume that Amled went through one of the major holiday company letting system. We have experience of their couldn't careless attitude. Our neighbour had stipulated no dogs or smoking in their top range caravan, the company let it out on the Sun Holidays voucher system to smokers with a dog. They don't take a security deposit and don't monitor what is happening in the caravans. We have witnessed disgusting remnants after holidaymakers have left. The company just shrug when told.
Let privately and you not only keep control but you get a far better class of people.
The company is still at fault if you have a contract stating what has been agreed. And yes a verbal contract still has validity but a written contract is the way to go. The letting company should write up the contract and submit it to the owners to be checked, signed and dated. All pages should be signed and dated. Any breaches are down to them and they should put matters right. The small claims court will handle any grievances for a small fee. It's the same old story, Get everything in writing and check it thoroughly.
Old 21-10-2018, 16:49

My caravan park as so many rules for themselves and when all of us are not happy with park keeps pitting up site fees and no improvement been made to site we don't have a leg to stand on. Lots of people are also getting broken and the site manager doesn't support own views on making the park safe. They also con people when someone needs to give up their caravan by offering nothing for their van and sells it on for lots of money. I am visually impaired and these no support when I have a problem due to my blindness, around my van it's very dark and can't see. Manager told me I need to buy own lights and their workers will fit where they are not cheap. I thought park should make adjustments under the DDA? We have all asked for wifi on park, however they don't seem to install wifi, however site fees keep going up. Is there anyone's park also do this to you? It feels like take it or leave it Lol....