Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 24-08-2018, 06:47

Default Site fees refund

In my contract it states the sliding scale rule for a refund when van is sold. I have read the OFT guidance and understand about any loss to the site owner etc.
Am not sure if this in my agreement means the fees are transferred to the buyer and therefore I should claim my remaining fees from him or the remaining fees are part of the sale, could someone please clarify for me. Sorry if I seem a bit thick but I just need to be sure I have it right.

Agreement says this

'Your buyer will receive a new Licence Agreement for the amount of the Licence period that remains until expiry of the current agreement'

Thanks in advance

Old 24-08-2018, 07:14

2 different things

1.Fees should be refunded to you by site,and they charge new van owner.

2.Presume your licence agreement is say 20 years...the new agreement would be 20 minus how long you have had you agreement...
Old 24-08-2018, 07:21

Licence agreement is done annually with no time limit as far as I know and thanks for reply.
Old 24-08-2018, 08:48

I think treetopper has nailed it. It's quite usual in some circumstances for renewal of the license to be done annually if there is no specific number of years attached to the license agreement. In essence, it means the park can ask you to leave on the renewal date if they wish.
Old 24-08-2018, 08:53

I think I may not have explained this properly and can only apologise.
I am selling my van the fees are fully paid for the year, so I wanted to know who owes me the refund on the remaining months. The park has a sliding scale stating I will get nothing as from June but have read differently elsewhere.
I will take the site to court if need be on this matter as I have lost a small fortune as it is on the sale.
Old 24-08-2018, 09:48
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by enaid View Post
I think I may not have explained this properly and can only apologise.
I am selling my van the fees are fully paid for the year, so I wanted to know who owes me the refund on the remaining months. The park has a sliding scale stating I will get nothing as from June but have read differently elsewhere.
I will take the site to court if need be on this matter as I have lost a small fortune as it is on the sale.
hi, sorry that you have have to sell your van, it looks to me that you have agreed to the terms of your site contract in paying for this years fees, and in doing so have accepted that should you sell then if this is after june then no refund is due on the site fees, this i think is in the contract?, have you read in your contract that it is different, or are you looking at other sites and seen that it is different on their site ?
this could be different as well as different site commission on the sales etc, 15 % or a fixed fee 3000 ? the site has to remain as a business first and foremost, as we would all be in trouble if our site owners were running at a loss, if however the van is sold and new owners have had to pay pro rata fees for the remaining months then maybe you could have an argument that some of your fees less a handling charge be refunded by the site, but if the site has made an offer to the new owners that site fees are free until the next due date then they have only received 1 fee for the van for the year, and it is in your contract that you are responsible for the fees for the year for selling after june, i would argue with the site owners that in your case the extended season has made the ownership not economically practical for you, and if the new owners have also paid for the same service a refund would be in good faith after the site had changed the season and was not loosing out with new owners being in place maybe a refund of 75% could be made, but its in the contract they owe you nothing after june i feel, sorry IMO.
Old 24-08-2018, 11:48

You may get a better deal if you sell back to site....saves all the hassle etc.etc. Sorry that you are selling..
On sites there are usually heck of a difference in buy price to what they give you when you sell..
Old 24-08-2018, 17:42

Assuming there is a refund due, I would think the park should refund you and charge the new owners the required fee for the time left on the parks financial year. It may be a good idea to talk to the Park Manager.