Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Technical Issues

Technical Issues A place to ask and/or give advice on technical issues

Old 28-06-2018, 12:27

Default Morco Strange error code (15 short 1 long)

Hello All,

I wonder if anyone can help. We own a van in Burnham and have a rather odd fault with our boiler, a Morco FEB24E. The fault appears to have developed this season. Sparadically, but more often than not, the hot water will not fire up, the heating seems a little better. The fault indicators give one long flash followed by 15 (possibly 16) whilst this fault is being reported the boiler will not heat water. If there are no indicator lights showing the boiler fires, heats water perfectly but can then just die. Strangely, sometimes when the indicator lights are reporting the fault turning the timer switch around several times seems to clear the fault (that may just be coincidence).

Any thoughts please because the only real solution to the issue, because of the age of the boiler, seems to be to replace it

Chris.

Old 28-06-2018, 17:20

I have sent a pm to morco products a member on here for you..
Old 29-06-2018, 07:53

Good morning Chris,

With that fault code and the issues you have described it would suggest you may have a PCB issue. These are still available to purchase via our website or from our supply network.

Please do bear in mind though it is very difficult to diagnose with 100% accuracy from a few sentences. For the most accurate diagnosis we always recommend a gas safe engineer stood in front of the appliance speaking to our technical department.

Kind Regards,
Morco Products
Old 29-06-2018, 12:20

Many thanks for this, yes that has already happened - the caravan is in Burnham Somerset! There seems to be a suggestion the better alternative would be to replace the boiler especially since I understand spares may become harder to get for this boiler. My real problem with that is that when the boiler works, it works well! Its a bit of a balancing act and I am a little unsure which way to go!

Chris