Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 10-12-2014, 23:56

Default Christmas Celebrations

I haven't been on here for a while and it seems very quiet. I expect everyone is busy with Christmas preparations. So how is everyone celebrating this year? At home, or at your caravans. Ours is closed for the Winter, so we will be at home. Christmas dinner at one daughter's and then moving on to my other daughter's for the evening gathering. My turn to feed 18 on Boxing Day. I'm so lucky that all my family live less than a mile away.

Old 11-12-2014, 00:53

Hi Marmo
wow, 18 for boxing day - that will keep you busy, but I bet it's an enjoyable day too
We are spending Christmas Day with my sister a usual as we think it will be the last year for "Santa"
Nothing else planned but we may pay a visit to the van to check damp traps etc and see if everything is ok.
Old 11-12-2014, 09:10

My daughter and hubby are coming to ours for Xmas dinner. Hubby is working at 5pm so we will be having it at lunch time. I'll have to get the turkey in the oven early! I will ask my neighbour as he is on his own for Xmas dinner and has just had a knee recplacement. He'll have to bring his own chair as I only have 4!
Old 11-12-2014, 18:17
Supporting Member

Christmas dinner just the 6 of us at home..
but I will do a pre xmas get together just before xmas for the rest of the family.. I love having the family round, I usually make a huge curry with all the bits and bobs and then do a buffet spread.....

my pressie preparations are not going so well at the moment, but I hope to rectify that tomorrow when I hit the shops!

I have only bought one xmas pressie so far and that was a tumble dryer for my son and his partner!

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 11-12-2014, 19:01
Supporting Member

Your presents sound like ours Tia, a washer and a cooker hood for my Son and his girlfriend (they've just had their Kitchen re done and these were just the finishing touches).

I'm out with my Friends on Christmas Eve while hubby will be cooking for us when we get back. Out for Christmas Dinner, just the four of us to our Local and on Boxing Day a couple of my Friends are coming round and we're going to have traditional Boxing Day grub (pork pie, cold meats, pickle etc etc) and a dip in the jacuzzi

ML.
Old 11-12-2014, 21:47
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmell View Post
Your presents sound like ours Tia, a washer and a cooker hood for my Son and his girlfriend (they've just had their Kitchen re done and these were just the finishing touches).

I'm out with my Friends on Christmas Eve while hubby will be cooking for us when we get back. Out for Christmas Dinner, just the four of us to our Local and on Boxing Day a couple of my Friends are coming round and we're going to have traditional Boxing Day grub (pork pie, cold meats, pickle etc etc) and a dip in the jacuzzi

ML.
yes, he needed a tumble dryer so I like to be practical...
I have never been out for xmas dinner, well to a local anyway! I bet it's fun and no washing up either!
x

Old 12-12-2014, 12:51
Supporting Member

We did it for the first time last year and loved it. No rushing around on Christmas morning with steam coming out of my ears, just a nice relaxing breakfast . I would recommend it to anyone
Old 12-12-2014, 21:46
Supporting Member

well I managed to get a bit of xmas shopping done today, it was very boring and I didn't enjoy it..i just cant get into the swing of things this year....
my inspiration seems to have expired and I was walking around with a blank look on my face most of the day.... I asked my daughter what she would like, and she couldn't think.. my son asked for a suit and a few shirts,( cheeky so and so..... especially after I spent a whack on the tumble dryer!...don't ya just love them...................

so now, as well as all the caravan stuff I have all over my house, I now some bags of xmas stuff that will need wrapping at some point..

tomorrow is going to be a busy old day I think.... but at least I can get on as I am home alone.......

Old 12-12-2014, 22:26

We have our daughter and granddaughter over for the week before Christmas, off to the panto in Bridlington and some walking.

Back home for Christmas Eve lunch and a few beers then Christmas day at our son's house.

Then back to the holiday home boxing day for our son his partner and the grandkids staying with us for a day or two.
Old 13-12-2014, 00:23

Found out today that we are going to have to get up early on Christmas Eve and drive back from the caravan with Jasper, my diabetic cat, because the vet wants him in for a fructosamine test. We will then have to drive all the way back to the caravan. We are going to be buggered for Christmas Eve night.