Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping > Wanted

Wanted Are you after a bargain? Ask the forum here.

Old 29-04-2015, 15:19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
Worth noting that not all sites allow you to change from gas fire to electric (mine doesn't) so ask first
Defo worth adding the question the reference hub...although recently eleccy fires are fitted as standard in new vans,will your site insist on changing it to gas fire?

Old 29-04-2015, 15:28
Social Media Boss

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Defo worth adding the question the reference hub...although recently eleccy fires are fitted as standard in new vans,will your site insist on changing it to gas fire?
I would imagine any park not allowing conversion to electric from gas is concerned about consumption at peak times on a supply that already has problems coping at peak times. All new statics generally have electric unless bespoke -
It boils down to any planned investment in the parks future with the standard of extras now being fitted as standard.

The thread may be added as a link, but tbh the info discussed so far is already there in links

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

My 'New Old Girl'
Old 29-04-2015, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angela B View Post
I would imagine any park not allowing conversion to electric from gas is concerned about consumption at peak times on a supply that already has problems coping at peak times. All new statics generally have electric unless bespoke -
It boils down to any planned investment in the parks future with the standard of extras now being fitted as standard.

The thread may be added as a link, but tbh the info discussed so far is already there in links
Good point Anj,not all sites can upgrade utilities. I suppose that the eleccy devices that peeps take with them now ,have added to the consumption .
Old 11-10-2015, 16:20

Default Tropicara 100 by Caraquip panel heater

Hi

I hope someone is able to help please. We have an ABI Horizon 2012 caravan. Both of the twin bedrooms have these panel heaters on the wall.

Unfortunately I have realised that 1 has stopped working even though the switches light etc just no heat.

Is it possible to repair these or could anyone please recommend where to buy a replacement.

Thanks in advance.
Old 12-10-2015, 06:30

You can get them from http://www.static-caravan-spares.co....c-Heating.html , never done it but worth taking it off the wall and opening it up if possible - with it unplugged , in case it's just a loose connection.
Old 12-10-2015, 09:28

I have those in all rooms & find them useless. We never use them because they are crap! Unless you put your hand right on them, you have no idea if they are on or off. they are so low wattage as to be useless. 150 watt is not much more than the old standard lightbulb. I don't know why caravan manufacturers bother to fit them. We have an oil filled radiator in front of all our panel heaters. I would do that as they are much cheaper than buying a new panel heater & they work well unlike the panel barely warmers.
Old 16-10-2015, 17:04

We have piped gas and from now till Spring run the central heating 24 hours a day whilst here Friday to Monday and for two whole weeks over Christmas. We have gas cooking facilities. Our annual gas bill for the year was about 350. However, when here, we turn the gas at home to frost, so it only switches on to stop the pipes freezing therefore the money we spend here on gas is saved by not using gas at home because my gas bills at home have decreased. I don't like to be cold, so I spend what I have to to stay warm.
Old 16-10-2015, 22:42

We have CH and also use electric heaters ... electric is cheaper to use.

Folks always say about " oil filled heaters " ( we have one ) but folks don't normally say about the non oil filled heaters, forget the proper name now but we find this type much better as they heat up straight away and control via the thermostat in a more effective manner.

Non oil filled heaters are also slimmer and much lighter too, ours is a 3 Kw which is in my experience is the sort of rating needed for a caravan.

Why are they better ??? Well due to the instant heat delivery and instant response to the thermostat they can compensate for the rapid heat losses in a caravan caused by draught ( safety ventilation system ) and limited insulation ( when compared to a home ).

Just my thoughts, ope they help in some way.
Old 19-10-2015, 09:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by rio View Post
Non oil filled heaters are also slimmer and much lighter too, ours is a 3 Kw which is in my experience is the sort of rating needed for a caravan.
Do you have a 16A or 32A supply to your van?

A 3kW draw would make quite a dent on a 16A supply I think
Old 19-10-2015, 11:00

After a while it becomes second nature to remember to turn off electric heating when you boil a kettle or run a halogen oven or microwave. My last van had a 16 amp supply & I never had any problems. I have a heater in the lounge, in the shower room & in the bedrooms. You soon get to know how to control them so they don't trip your supply.