Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 21-08-2010, 09:17

Default Is this legal?

Hi, i have a van in north wales on a large park, i want to put double glazing into my van. I have been told by the site owners that they will not allow me to do this. Surely this is illegall? Where do i stand, as i want to use my van when the weather gets a bit colder. I have been told that another owner put in double glazing and the site owners removed their van off the park.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Old 21-08-2010, 12:01

Its in our small print that we can't add double glazing or central heating and decking has to be done through the park.
Old 21-08-2010, 14:17

recently had double glazing fitted in our van the only condition we had is that the fitter had to have a public liability insurance we are on a haven site
Old 21-08-2010, 16:04
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavendish1 View Post
Hi, i have a van in north wales on a large park, i want to put double glazing into my van. I have been told by the site owners that they will not allow me to do this. Surely this is illegall? Where do i stand, as i want to use my van when the weather gets a bit colder. I have been told that another owner put in double glazing and the site owners removed their van off the park.

Thanks in advance for your help.
As has been mentioned, it depends upon what you agreed to when you joined the park. Whatdoes it say in your contract.

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 21-08-2010, 17:37

not allowed to improve your van
the worlds gone mad
Old 21-08-2010, 17:47

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Could you name the park so any of us who like to keep our vans modern do not bring any business to such a spitefully run place?
Old 21-08-2010, 19:35

I'm frankly astonished. Have they given you a reason? I can't actually think of one unless it's the rule about only having the park do any work on your pitch. On the actual pitch, ie, decking I can understand, but on the van? As far as I am concerned only you can decide who does any work on your van. I certainly wouldn't let anyone fit double glazing or anything else just because I was told I had to use them regardless.
The caravan is YOUR property. Always remember that, you only lease the land underneath it.
If you want double glazing I highly doubt they can legally stop you. And it matters not a jot what you signed when you bought it.

F***ing rip off cowboy parks seriously piss me off, and I count the big concerns in that.

Sorry for the language, and Darren can delete it if it's against the rules but some things just have to be said.

Edit Darren- You know me well, just a quick edit not delete

Last edited by indianwells; 21-08-2010 at 19:44.
Old 21-08-2010, 21:35

They are a large concern arround prestatyn and rhyl area. The person in the office told me it would devalue the van as it was not original specification, and it detracts from the image of the park!!!!!! I wont name as im worried as to what they would do if they found out i was discussing this on a internet forum.
Old 24-08-2010, 14:55

Smile

I replaced the carpets throughout, fitted venetian blinds, new pelmets and curtains, all without permission but did ask before upgrading decking.
I assumed because the van is mine I could proceed with any work inside the van without anyone's permission (except the wife!!)
Old 27-08-2010, 09:47

This thread really shocked me I can't believe a site wont allow someone to improve their own van which is their property! what kind of twisted logic is that!!!!!!!!!!