Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Entertainment

Entertainment Chat about anything to do with Entertainment including music, films, TV etc

Old 10-02-2014, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by trevor63 View Post
Our site has promised Fibre Optic Broadband for the comming season(I'll beleive it when I see it)
Will i be able to install my Talk Talk TV box which give me access to catch up and movies ect

Many Thanks
Is the fibre optic with BT ???

Old 24-02-2014, 14:29

Quote:
Our site has promised Fibre Optic Broadband for the comming season(I'll beleive it when I see it)
Will i be able to install my Talk Talk TV box which give me access to catch up and movies ect

Many Thanks
Did not see any diggers..so I suspect its the main feed,and not to individual vans...hopefully it will speed up your wifi anyway Our park has not got fibre optic access yet to router ....but got on wifi today OK but probably only me on it
Old 24-02-2014, 20:36

Quote:

Many Thanks
I have broadband envy! as to your talk talk box, it depends on the authentication methods used on the router. It certainly wouldn't work on our system and to be honest I wouldn't want people streaming tv as it just hogs the broadband,

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 27-02-2014, 16:52

I see all the new SKY boxes are shipping with built in WiFi. I predict that will cause all sorts of problems for site WiFi networks. We only have 8 meg available for the whole site to share so I think I will have to ask our site owner to put a message in with this years bills asking people not to use their new Sky boxes via the site WiFi. 8 meg input to the main router is the best we can do as we already have to receive our WiFi feed via a microwave dish because there are no cable feeds & the telephone network cannot support Broadband. When its used for Emails, web surfing & the occasional Skype contact, it works great but this new SKY feature could be the straw that broke the camels back. Worrying to say the least.

Last edited by RRRob; 27-02-2014 at 17:12.
Old 05-11-2015, 17:08

Quote:

Many Thanks
Looks like your site and Marianda24 site have already got fibre,think our park
a mile from you will be getting fibre soon,just in time for the new development...