Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Entertainment

Entertainment Chat about anything to do with Entertainment including music, films, TV etc

Old 24-02-2015, 16:50

Default Sky TV

Grrr! We went to the caravan last weekend and discovered the Sky dish had been damaged. The staff in the site office said our garden furniture had blown over and damaged it. I don't know how, though, because we have it all strapped together. It would have had to blow over the whole lot.

We suspect the workmen have done it accidentally. They damaged next doors caravan last year when they were mowing the lawns. We cannot prove it though.

We have been without Sky TV the whole weekend. Hubby missed Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five O, so he wasn't happy.

Fortunately, we have Sky Protect Insurance. Hubby had to drive up to the van this morning and wait for the engineer to come out and fix the dish.

Old 24-02-2015, 19:18
Supporting Member

is your sky dish low down? how on earth would the garden furniture have damaged it??
very strange....

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 24-02-2015, 19:42

surely the furniture would be damaged....and your decking
Old 24-02-2015, 21:05

Yes, Tia, the dish is bolted to the concrete base, so it is low down. The park owners will not allow satellite dishes to be fitted to caravans, although they will allow a TV aerial, so go figure?

That is my thinking too Treetopper. None of the garden furniture, as far as we can tell, is damaged. It has moved from the position where we left, but it remains covered up. However, the strap that fastened it all tightly together is missing completely.

Like I said, we have known the men maintaining the park to do damage before, so we think we are being lied to. Thankfully, it hasn't cost us anything to repair apart from the extra petrol hubby had to use returning to the van today and the time he had off work. He is self employed, though, so he might be able to make back some of that time lost over the coming week.
Old 25-02-2015, 09:58

Quote:
Hubby missed Blue Bloods and Hawaii Five O, so he wasn't happy.
Not to worry, it will no doubt be on repeat 600 times this year
Old 26-02-2015, 01:02

That's true!
Old 02-03-2015, 20:57

Hi there if it's on the ground I suggest building a fence round it on 3 sides! I wouldn't like to fit a dish to a van unless it's attached to the t-bar, my areial is on a pole on t-bar but after moving my shed the dish is on another pole attached to the shed and braced to stand what ever is thrown at it! except garden furniture! anything I have outside is lashed and no gale will move it.
Old 03-03-2015, 15:05

Our furniture is lashed as well, which is why we find it so hard to believe that the furniture is responsible. The wind would have had to pick up a heavy table and four chairs all bound together.

Unfortunately, we cannot build mesh around the dish because the park owners are very particular about how the park looks and they would not allow it. Even if they did allow it, they would not let us do it, only the site crew can do anything like that. We have decided to extend the patio area to move the table and chairs another 5 feet away from the dish. Of course, we have to let the site crew do this as well. We've asked and been granted permission to have this done. Of course, we have to pay 162 but we have decided it is for the best.