Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Entertainment

Entertainment Chat about anything to do with Entertainment including music, films, TV etc

Old 01-07-2015, 19:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fontaine View Post
We have multi room in the house and pay for it and took the 2nd box to the van the multiroom Sky box it worked for a week but then sky somehow found out and scrambled the channels I now only have the free channels even though I'm paying for multiroom at home
Time to threaten sky with cancellation I think
We've got sky multi room at home and like you have taken one of the boxes to the caravan. So far we have had no problems at all (since March) but what I did was to de-register all the boxes from having a phone line connected. I told them we no longer have a phone line going into the house and if I wanted to book a film I could do it over the Internet that way they can't check if the box is connected or not.

Old 01-07-2015, 22:14
Departed Friend

our phone line isn,t connected to the sky + box either,so we take our second box to van.

the price sky charge for the full package is rediculous anyway,and it,s going/gone up another 4.
Old 02-07-2015, 18:54

I only have a very basic Sky package for the caravan; I don't have time to sit watching TV all day anyway. The package costs 21.50 per month, which I know is 10.25 per month more than just having an additional box at home, but to be honest I really cannot be bothered keep getting down on my knees, disconnecting the box, carting it up to the van, getting back down on my knees and connecting it back up again, only to go through all that on the return journey home.

I have arthritis, if I get down on my knees there's a good chance I won't get back up again. I'd rather pay a little bit extra for the convenience of having a box up there all the time. I think it's a small price to pay, personally.