Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 14-10-2018, 07:24

Default Breastcancercare

Well done to Treetops,David Belamy gold award,and Wales in Bloom....AND the Treetopper caravan girls who have done marvellous with a Calendar for Breast Cancer Care and raised loads of donations etc..well done...
Old 15-10-2018, 14:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Well done to Treetops,David Belamy gold award,and Wales in Bloom....AND the Treetopper caravan girls who have done marvellous with a Calendar for Breast Cancer Care and raised loads of donations etc..well done...
Great stuff from static caravan owners. I salute them.
Old 19-10-2018, 11:48
Administrator

Congrats to all those involved, if the calendar is available online, please feel free to link to it.

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 04-11-2018, 03:27

I would like to say a big "Thank you" to the Treetopper Calendar girls for their support of Breast Cancer Care.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July this year and had to undergo a mastectomy in August, just 2 1/2 weeks after diagnosis.
The leaflets and information I have been provided with by Breast Cancer Care has been invaluable. I would have been lost without their support.
If Treetops or someone could put a link for the calendar I would like to buy some so they can help support other women (and men) who have to go through what I went through.
On a brighter note - I have been given the all clear so I am hoping to get a reconstruction next year.
Old 04-11-2018, 07:20

Best bet is to contact Treetops by phone,as they have been selling like hot cakes....There is a fb page...caravan girls...tried to put link but can't. ......great news about the all clear

I have sent email and pm to Treetops and the calendar girls treasurer....there is also a just giving page

Last edited by treetopper; 04-11-2018 at 07:30.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction View Post
I would like to say a big "Thank you" to the Treetopper Calendar girls for their support of Breast Cancer Care.
I was diagnosed with breast cancer in July this year and had to undergo a mastectomy in August, just 2 1/2 weeks after diagnosis.
The leaflets and information I have been provided with by Breast Cancer Care has been invaluable. I would have been lost without their support.
If Treetops or someone could put a link for the calendar I would like to buy some so they can help support other women (and men) who have to go through what I went through.
On a brighter note - I have been given the all clear so I am hoping to get a reconstruction next year.
Morning Traction. Thank you for your enquiry. Really good news about your all clear result. I’m the main person for ordering and distributing calendars. They are priced at 6.50 each plus p&p of 1.95 depending on how many there is to send. If you’re a Facebook user, our page is Caravan Girls, or you can send me a pm on here with your address and we’ll take it from there. :hug
Old 04-11-2018, 08:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Thanks for your kind words treetopper. We’ve raised over 5k so far, well beyond our expectations. The support has been truly overwhelming, so a huge thank you to everyone who’s bought a calendar or donated on our Just Giving Page.

Last edited by Chrissy52; 04-11-2018 at 08:56.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:14

Here’s the link to our Caravan Girls Facebook Page and our Just Giving Page

https://www.facebook.com/CaravanGirls/

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/caravan-girls

Last edited by Chrissy52; 04-11-2018 at 11:16.
Old 04-11-2018, 11:35

Hi Traction

It's stories like yours and those of the Caravan Girls that make the calendar all the more important!

This all started when an off the cuff comment was made to Rachel (Miss April) and Wendy (Miss August) and they started to recruit our super Tree Toppers. Chrissy was one of the 1st to volunteer and became Miss March. She now has the nickname Commando Chris for reasons I'm sure you can guess! Chris also became our responsible adult, taking on the job of managing all of our finances and orders, and a great job she's done as well.

It's been an amazing project to be involved with. The lades have been heroic in their determination to get the right shots to make the calendar look great. They have also turned up to shoots when we needed photos for marketing purposes.

We have laughed until we hurt! But most importantly, we have raise over 5000. People have been so generous. Most people pay more than the suggested 6.50 for the calendars and businesses like Lloyds Caravans, Premier Caravans, Prestige Park & Leisure Homes, Carnaby Caravans, Gorse Hill Caravan park and others have all supported us making donations or buying large number of calendars.

The 2019 calendar is selling out fast, but there are still come available, pop to the facebook page and send a message.
https://www.facebook.com/CaravanGirls

If you don't want the calendar, but would like to donate there's a just giving page:
https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/caravan-girls

Cheers Andy

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube

Last edited by TreeTops; 04-11-2018 at 14:05.
Old 06-11-2018, 03:01

Thanks Andy & Chrissy, I will get my order in, I do use FB so will send a pm via there. It's very brave of the ladies to do this, and you Andy, I understand you took the photos - good on you. The amount you have raised is absolutely brilliant, that will support a lot of people who are unfortunate enough to get this crappy disease. My birthday is coming up shortly and I have asked for donations to Breast Cancer Care instead of gifts - it will be a poultry amount compared to what you have raised but every little bit does help.
Well done to everyone involved in your calendar and as a cancer patient a very big warm hearted thank you and big hug to all xx