Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > The GoStatic Reference Hub

The GoStatic Reference Hub The GoStatic Reference Hub is the home of our most important threads. If you are thinking of buying a static caravan, we recommend starting here.

Old 12-02-2012, 19:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissa View Post
Is anyone else a little worried about what state they will find their old friend(van) in when the season starts again? I hope ours has survived the winter OK. It is a lot of work getting her up and running again without any other problems to sort out. Ours opens the 1st March but people tend to start going later than that to open up their vans again.
not me clarissa, i went down on yesterday to take the settee cushions, arms and kickboards out to get them re-covered and everything seemed fine. but saying that i obviosly didnt turn the water on.

Old 12-02-2012, 20:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
have you been at all to visit her during the close down period?

our site opens up on the 1st of march but we wont be going back until the middle of march......
No we haven't been Tia. I've been previous years but never got round to it this year. That's why I'm so bloomin nervous I suppose. Sorry about your problem Tia. Hope you can sort it without too much hassle.
Old 12-02-2012, 20:58
Supporting Member

Quote:
No we haven't been Tia. I've been previous years but never got round to it this year. That's why I'm so bloomin nervous I suppose. Sorry about your problem Tia. Hope you can sort it without too much hassle.
thanks Clarissa...

i am feeling positive today.............. and you know what.... i might actually remove one of the beds completely from that room and just have the one bed in there.. it look so big at the moment with no furniture and no carpet in there....

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE

Last edited by Tiamaria589; 12-02-2012 at 21:13.
Old 12-02-2012, 21:03

We have been today to check on van, all was ok.

We will be going on the first weekend, to set everything up again, van looks really depressing and unloved at the moment, but we will soon get everything sorted and shiny and clean again.

Tia...if you dont need the other bed, then i think its a good idea, only having the one, like you say, more room.
Old 12-02-2012, 21:03

Quote:
thanks Clarissa...

i am feeling positive today.............. and you know what.... i might actually remove one of the beds completely from that room and just have the one bed in there.. it look so big at the moemnt with no firniture and no carpet in there....
Glad you're not so down about it anymore Tia. We nearly all have problems of some sort when we take on our caravan dream.
Old 12-02-2012, 21:16
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeW View Post
We have been today to check on van, all was ok.

We will be going on the first weekend, to set everything up again, van looks really depressing and unloved at the moment, but we will soon get everything sorted and shiny and clean again.

Tia...if you dont need the other bed, then i think its a good idea, only having the one, like you say, more room.
with only having seating for 4 people, 5 at the most, i am never going to have a full van of people and i think we will manage with one double.. and 3 singles.... and i have a bed settee in the front room which i have never ever seen yet!!! hubby says i shouldnt take the other bed out but he can whistle!!

Quote:
Glad you're not so down about it anymore Tia. We nearly all have problems of some sort when we take on our caravan dream.
once it is sorted it will be fine.... i am going to recover the headboard and get a little chest of drawers for in there.... it will look nice..

Old 12-02-2012, 21:42

We only have a full 3ft single in our other bedroom, with a double wardrobe next to it, then at the bottom of the bed we have a chest of drawers, the room looks really big, and the bed is fine for adults to sleep in.
Old 12-02-2012, 21:45
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeW View Post
We only have a full 3ft single in our other bedroom, with a double wardrobe next to it, then at the bottom of the bed we have a chest of drawers, the room looks really big, and the bed is fine for adults to sleep in.
is your van a two or three bedded van?

and your room must be larger than mine as i dont think we could get a chest of drawers at the bottom of the bed... i was thinking maybe over by the window....

Old 12-02-2012, 22:00

Quote:
is your van a two or three bedded van?

and your room must be larger than mine as i dont think we could get a chest of drawers at the bottom of the bed... i was thinking maybe over by the window....
Its a 2 bed Tia, not sure of size of room, but we have 3ft bed under window, double wardrobe next to it, then at bottom of bed facing the door, we have angled a chest of drawers (so must have about 60cm), then radiator on side wall, with large mirror above. We use under the bed for storage, and the room does look quite big.
Old 22-02-2012, 14:24

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Wink On topic time folks!!

Hi everyone, well, it's nearly here at last!

Opening up time!

So from now on, could I politely ask you all to try to stay on topic, you know how off-putting it is to trawl through loads of waffle when you need advice

So if there are any questions you have, post them on here please, CH, Water leaks, anything to do with opening up please. Then we can all shout PARKANDLEISURE to advise

Enjoy!!

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1