Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:01

Default Buying a brand new Delta superior or Willerby Winchester

Buying a brand new Delta superior or Willerby Winchester, itís a 2013 model but is brand new.

Hi

Please be gentle on me I am not a caravaner by choice, Following a house fire I am looking to purchase a new static, the two I have chosen are either the willerby or the superior.

Both are new the willerby is 38 x 13 the Delta superior is 40 x 13 both central heating and double glazing, price wise there is not a lot in, so we will ignore that element.

Ideally I would like the bedroom on the willerby along with the layout and set up in the Delta.

My view is the Willerby is better built and a slightly higher spec, the delta superior has a washing machine in it which is appealing and has a larger kitchen, more like a home kitchen.

Any views on which is likely to be a better van for full time living?

Can you actually use a washing machine in a caravan?

thanks

Old 12-10-2014, 09:46

I would choose the Willerby but it's still a personal choice. Willerby have a large engineer network and are quite good with aftersales, if a little slow at times.
Many models do come with washing machines but I always advise my customers against them. In a house they are usually sat on a stable concrete floor. Totally different in a caravan, especially on the spin cycle! We have had more than a few leaks due to vibration loosening pipes behind the machine.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:37

Hi there and welcome to the forum. You may not be aware but if you are buying this for your own property there is a healthy discount off the retail price as manufacturers retail price allows a commission for park owners. Message me for details. We have here an abi st david, and more suited to full time use a 40 x 12 fully residential park home made by tingdene, the latter probably a similar price to what you have been quoted for a new caravan. My message is, if you are buying for private land its a buyers market with plenty of room to negotiate.
Old 12-10-2014, 10:49

Thanks for the feedback on the Willerby, there is not much between them both have strengths and a lot of weaknesses!

I bought and old Atlas Sherwood Super to get me back to site quickly, which the layout is brilliant, but it is only single glazed and no central heating, otherwise I might have just kept it. I did consider fitting double glazing but it's not cost effective and hopefully the new vans will be better insulated.
Sadly the new vans have nowhere to put things like coats as you come and a hover and an ironing board, which I find strange given my old "shed" has space for all these requirements.

Bigland, thanks I had already realised that RRP does not seem to mean much as I am a cash buyer placing it on my own ground. I will PM you though.

The other consideration for me is what it will be worth in 6 - 12 months time which seems to be easier with the Willerby as its in all the guides, although I believe the Superior will be next year as it's now a standard production model having originally been a "Park" special.

Thanks for the feedback and information I do appreciate it