Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Entertainment

Entertainment Chat about anything to do with Entertainment including music, films, TV etc

Old 13-04-2015, 14:18

Default Sky tv again

Is this correct? A friend has told me that if you pay Sky 12 per month you can get a duplicate sky card with all your subscription channels you have at home. You can then use this in your Sky box in your van leaving your original Sky card at home for the family to use. Any truth in this?

Old 13-04-2015, 14:42
Departed Friend

don,t think so.
Old 13-04-2015, 16:55

I was told by Sky that you can only do that if the second Sky box is in the same building as the main Sky box. You are not supposed to use it in a box at a different location.
Old 13-04-2015, 17:24

We have our main sky box in the living room then have sky digi boxes in each bedroom which is sky multi room. Our son moved out a few months age into his own house so now we have taken his sky box down to the caravan and we get everything as at home. As far as I know this is the only way you can do it you need to have another sky box installed in a bedroom (multiroom) then take that sky box to your caravan. I think the cost of this is around 12 a month so that is probably what your friend means.

Ps you no longer need to have your sky box connected to a phone line anymore.
Old 13-04-2015, 18:07

Thanks Grayo. I think that's the way. Do you get a second card with the multiroom?
Old 13-04-2015, 18:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil View Post
Thanks Grayo. I think that's the way. Do you get a second card with the multiroom?
Hi Neil,

Yes you get a card with every subscribed sky box. My caravan is over 100 miles away from home and I get the same there as I do at home even recording provided you have a twin cable coming from your LNB to the sky box.
Old 13-04-2015, 19:22

Just don't let them know you are doing it.
Old 13-04-2015, 23:31

Since we are talking about Sky can anybody help with these questions.

My mother-in-law had just had her second (if not third) Sky box die and it has been replaced. Consequently she has lost everything she has recorded. Is there really no reasonably simple way to transfer recorded programmes from an old box to a new box?

In addition, she was able to record stuff on her first Sky box from the internal disc to DVDs, thus allowing her to save with some degree of permanency stuff she really cherished. She says that she could not do this on her new box and was told that it was set up to be impossible. Is this really true or could any passing nine year old do this for her?

You have to know that my m-i-l is a technophobe and has had a computer for at least nine years and still does not know what or where the carriage return/new line key is. She rejects any computer instruction manual that does not start with a diagram showing what all the keys do.

Henry
Old 14-04-2015, 09:34

Hi Henry,

Tell your M-I-L not to bother recording, if she waits a little it will all be on again in a couple of weeks time or so lol. Regarding the recording I used to record a program on to DVD for a friend who lived in Spain a couple of years ago but since my DVD recorder packed in I've not done it.
Old 14-04-2015, 12:15

Apparently..... You pay for multiroom to by put into your house at 10 or 12 a month and you quietly take the multiroom box to the caravan. Never tried it though.

We have a few who bring their main box from home and I've fitted these push on F-Connectors which can be a lot less faffing about than screwing on F-Connectors

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/10-x-Quick...item5adf9159c4

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube