Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Buying A Static Caravan

Buying A Static Caravan Advice for those about to purchase a static caravan.

Old 15-04-2018, 18:09

Default clamping down

i heard a rumour about a company in Lincolnshire that own sites who are clamping down on private sales on such as e bay / gumtree / and the jist of it was that they have wrote to their caravan owners stating that they are no longer accepting private sales over a certain age and being paid the changeover fee/ as I understand it this is to increase the caravan sales from the site as they were detereating as most people simply bought off gumtree, I think they were caravans over 20 years old or so , has anyone heard the same and do you think its a good thing or a bad thing ,

Old 15-04-2018, 21:18

From personal experience it may also be that they want to vet new owners to make sure they are the type they want on their site. We was told by one site owner that if they hadn't have liked the look of us, they wouldn't be showing us the caravan for sale. Not the one we bought - not the site we are on either - we went elsewhere as the attitude put us right off, not that we liked the 'van much either lol
Old 15-04-2018, 21:58

Our sites policy is if the van is over ten years it has to be sold back to the site under ten you are allowed to sell it to who and where you like the site will sell it on your behalf for a 10% commission we have no change over charges,the site alows your paid in advance fees to carry on for the year to the new owner i have noticed quite a few older vans on our site are being sold off site,we have no age limit but it looks as though older vans are being windled to make way for newer statics.