Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 17-02-2015, 13:18

Location: Dyffryn Seaside Estate, Dyffryn Ardudwy, Meirionnydd
Default 10 more days/all change in 2015

Hellooo and belated happy new year to anyone who reads this!

The sun's out and it's a perfect caravan day today. Our site opens again on 28th so that's only 10 more days to go - CAN'T WAIT!

I didn't get there (or on here) as much as I would have liked to last year with hubby being away in Afghanistan but he's back now and it's all change and we're about to reduce our travel time to our "Cerys" by half. Instead of moving her closer to us though, we're moving closer to her and all being well we'll be living back in mid-Wales from early April.

This will be our third full season with her and our plans are quite simple as we only need to put up a shed on the base that was prepared last year and give the decking a slathering of some sort of protection (all suggestions welcome, prefer natural and matt effect). So hopefully we'll have a good summer and be able to relax and enjoy it, it'll be soooo nice to be able to stay til the evening on a Sunday rather than leaving at lunch time. Or if the weather forecast is good and I'm due to be working from home, I can up sticks and go and work from there. Happy Days!!

Old 17-02-2015, 14:45

Happy New Year to you too. Everything is working out well for you. We like you are looking forward to this summer as it will be our first at our van as we bought her nearer the end of the season last year. Glad your hubby's home safe. Happy caravanning!!!
Old 17-02-2015, 15:17

Location: Dyffryn Seaside Estate, Dyffryn Ardudwy, Meirionnydd

Thanks Clarissa

We had the most amazing weather for our first summer, I even swam in the sea in the UK for the first time in 25 years at least!

Whereabouts are you and your caravan? We bought ours in October 2012 and our site is only closed for 6 weeks from mid-January so we try to get there as often as we can. We even spent Christmas there in 2013.

I hope you get as much enjoyment from yours as we do ours
Old 17-02-2015, 15:27

Hopefully, we will have a lovely warm summer like last year, so keeping my fingers crossed. We hope to be going to the caravan this Friday. The temperatures are looking more hopeful than they were at the end of January when we had to cancel the drain up. I can't help with the decking since we do not have any, plus we are only allowed plastic anyway.
Old 17-02-2015, 21:26

Our van is on a quiet site in Northumbria. It is in the middle of countryside with a weekend bar and childrens play area,little ponies,ducks etc. We bought the van last year and the site is closed in Feb only but it was drained down for 3 months as I was afraid of getting burst pipes. We had a van previous to this one in Gatehouse of Fleet in Dumfries and Galloway. We had the caravan bug and couldnt settle until we got another although we werent intending to!
Old 17-02-2015, 21:33
Supporting Member

Dyffryn Seaside Estate, Dyffryn Ardudwy, Meirionnydd

surely this has to be one of the hardest static sites to pronounce? I could be wrong

hiya and welcome back... I'm glad your hubby is back safe and well from Afgan...

we had to sell our van last year but we will buy again next year or the year after, but I am still here, chatting away
x

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 17-02-2015, 23:00

Tia I'm not even going to attempt to say that name!! I got stuck on the Dyf...
My Welsh as is good as my Spanish - not good with a Yorkshire accent lol
Ischia glad hubby got home from Afgan ok, I so remember those service days and I have to say I'm glad they are behind me now.
I'm hoping for a good summer too, I won't be able to spend as much time at the van this yr as I'm back at work now boooooo!

Last edited by Traction; 17-02-2015 at 23:03.