Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 30-03-2011, 00:20
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
There are no pitches with car parking spaces on the site, parking areas are in plentiful supply though and located close to the vans. i think this is because of the way the site is laid out, all the grounds are well landscaped and maintained and the vans are dotted rather then in lines or all next to the roads on the site. all vans tend to overlook a pond if not by the lake apart from in a couple of areas
Ahh could be a deal breaker that lol. Will have to visit the site and see how things are laid out.

Old 30-03-2011, 00:27
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
i would like at least a row of paving slabs to lead me directly to my van so i dont have to walk on the grass.....
hhhmmmm maybe i will do it myself......
Some people on our site have done it lol - that can be another little job for you!
Old 30-03-2011, 06:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
There are plenty of sites who have lots of pitches without carparking outside the vans. Can be absolutely horrendous - it is a nightmare on parts of our site where the pitches do not have car parking spaces. During the summer (when the site is busy), some people have to park a long way away from their van. In some places you can drive to your van to unload (if the grass is dry and there are no bollards in the way), but it can be a right pain in the backside unloading your car, particulary on a Friday night in winter when it is raining. Some vans are 5 or 6 rows away from the road. You hear so many peeps moan about it on our site.
I think you would have to see the site to see what i mean muppetchops, i have had my van since july last year and have never had to park away from my van. the site is never crammed anyway, as its a owners site you dont tend to get really busy periods anyway. we dont have rows of vans on the site and each area has lots of parking.
Old 30-03-2011, 09:29
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungle View Post
I think you would have to see the site to see what i mean muppetchops, i have had my van since july last year and have never had to park away from my van. the site is never crammed anyway, as its a owners site you dont tend to get really busy periods anyway. we dont have rows of vans on the site and each area has lots of parking.
I know Bungle. Everyone says what a nice site yours is. Trouble is we just don't get time to have a look when we are down for just the weekend. Last weekend, our friends came down from your old site on Saturday afternoon and on Sunday morning we spent a few hours snouting around their site and him in doors was measuring up their van to do skirting on it. It annoys me that we can't do our own skirt on our site - but that is the same with all the big shark companies lol. We are down for a full week at Easter so I dare say we will get chance to have a look at your site then!
Old 30-03-2011, 09:38
Banned

I think I will just have to accept that we are almost on the perfect site.Noel
Old 30-03-2011, 09:39
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelg View Post
I think I will just have to accept that we are almost on the perfect site.Noel
Yes you seem to be noelg - loads of parking and cheap site fees!
Old 30-03-2011, 18:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiamaria589 View Post
you are so lucky Noel...
we cant park by the van as I am the third van in off the road if you see what i mean..... we have to walk on grass part of the way and when it has been raining it is awful..... that is one of my gripes......
i would like at least a row of paving slabs to lead me directly to my van so i dont have to walk on the grass.....
hhhmmmm maybe i will do it myself......
Don't your site provide slabs? We can ask for them, and they'll provide 12 for free which we can lay ourselves....
Also known as Little Green Giant