Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 10-05-2011, 22:00

Default 2000 - 3000 to spend

Hello
I am wanting a caravan sited for 2000 -3000 on a small site, within 2hrs drive of Newcastle . As long as its in good condition and safe so I can take my grandchildren away for weekends I am willing to look at anything. please let me know if you have one for sale, I have been looking on the auction sites etc but not having much luck at the moment..
thanks.

Old 11-05-2011, 06:56

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmamac View Post
Hello
I am wanting a caravan sited for 2000 -3000 on a small site, within 2hrs drive of Newcastle . As long as its in good condition and safe so I can take my grandchildren away for weekends I am willing to look at anything. please let me know if you have one for sale, I have been looking on the auction sites etc but not having much luck at the moment..
thanks.
Good luck grandmamac.You might be struggling at that price.Beware of purchasing one due to be removed from site or you will be stuck with it.Please do your homework on this one.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:30

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Good luck with your search, 'booty' is right, be very careful, there's all the advice you need on here of what to look out for and where, so as long as you do your homework ...
If you're going to use it regularly it's worth doing, finances permitting, if you're only going to use it for a couple of weeks and the odd weekend, you'd probably be better off hiring one, do your sums carefully, work out how many times a year you are likely to use it, against the rental costs, as its a very expensive mistake my friend, if it all adds up in favour, there's all the help you need on this site.
Good luck, we're here to help ... Either way ...

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 11-05-2011, 18:29

Have you thought of putting a tourer on a site for the season? It works out a lot cheaper and includes your electric. If it doesn't work out you wont have lost anything like you'd stand to loose with a static. People do it on our site and they have a lot of room when they have an awning on the side. Once you're on a site you get first chance of any vans that come up for sale at a reasonable price. That's what some couples have done in the tourers - moved into a static when they got a good buy.
Old 11-05-2011, 21:16

very good advice that clarissa
Old 11-05-2011, 22:03

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Clarissa's advice is good,it would save grandmamac falling into the trap we hear on here too many times.The only downside to doing the seasonal pitch thing is firstly you have to buy a tourer.Grandmamac has 3 grand at most to play with and out of that has to pay a years seasonal pitch plus find a decent caravan.Say she finds a site for 1500 a year,this leaves her 1500 hundred quid to find a tourer that is dry and clean(not easy with 1500)Then she will have to buy whatever is missing from the van(usually everything from ehu leads to waste/clean water carriers to portaloos.If their car hasn't got a towbar then bang goes another 300 quid.
I feel sorry for people who post requests on here like this one but in reality three grand tops aint gonna cut it either way tourer or static imo.If you read this grandmamac then try and save a bit more cash and buy a good static and make sure that you have enough left to pay the site fees/seasonal pitch fees at the start of each season.
Old 11-05-2011, 22:43

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarissa View Post
Have you thought of putting a tourer on a site for the season? It works out a lot cheaper and includes your electric. If it doesn't work out you wont have lost anything like you'd stand to loose with a static. People do it on our site and they have a lot of room when they have an awning on the side. Once you're on a site you get first chance of any vans that come up for sale at a reasonable price. That's what some couples have done in the tourers - moved into a static when they got a good buy.
That's a very good idea, and worth considering ...

Old 11-05-2011, 22:58

Default Being realistic.

Well I am getting my eyes opened, and really appreciate everyones advice, I am taking everything in. I am realistic and know I must do my homework, I have been getting to know where abouts in my area the site fees are under 1000 which is what I am looking for, I was surprised at the cost of just siting a van, is 2500 + years fees average ?. And of course we have seen some really nice sites but unfortunately we could not afford the yearly fees. We have realised its the same as the tv program location, location you pay for the nice places.
But we will keep looking and compramise (no choice really on our budget) starting to think we had better get the tent out, but then again camping is not cheap now is it.
thanks again everyone we are still hoping and am sure we will get a van if we are patient.
Old 11-05-2011, 23:06

We are all here to help, and wish you luck, do keep in touch and let us know how you get on please

Old 12-05-2011, 07:37

Default static for sale in Cumbria

hello Granamamac
we have a static for sale in Port Carlisle, Cumbria on "Cottage and Glendale" park, open all year
the fees are paid for 2011

it is an Atlas Fanfare 2001
35' x 10'
3 bedrooms
2 loos
kitchen
dining lounge
full fridge
oven/hob/grill
heating in all rooms
gas fire in lounge
we are asking 7995