Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 01-08-2012, 00:06
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
MuppetChops thank you for your advice and help, was looking to buy private as was told that's the cheapest way to find a bargain but after reading your post i'm not so sure now lol to be honest i'm just looking to get the best value for my money on a family caravan as i'm not a rich man being married and having 3 kids lol, looking to spend between 6.000 to 10.000 max if possible and would like something that's Modern and not to old and with Double glazing and Central Heating with the funds i have to spend. Thank you for your time MuppetChops it's appreciated
Hi Ace you will be hard pushed to buy a caravan with double glazing and central heating on either St Osyth Beach or Seawick for 10K. You might be able to pick one up in a private sale for that sort of money from someone who is desperate to sell, but you would be paying 500 more a year in site fees, etc.

Hutleys have got quite a few vans around for the top end of your budget - they may not have double glazing and central heating, but generally speaking their vans are cheaper and in better condition than similar vans on our park - you could always have double glazing fitted at a later date and use oil filled radiators. It may be also worth looking at private sales on Hutleys - think they only charge 10% transfer fee plus VAT (you might be able to come to some sort of deal with the seller on that). As far as I am aware they don't charge you additional site fees if you buy a van privately. You can also have wooden or upvc decks and they are a lot cheaper than our park. There are no pushy sales people on Hutleys - when we were looking at vans they just gave us the keys to about 10 vans and let us wander around on our own.

They are doing starter vans atm on our park for 5995. One of them doesn't look too bad and it was up for a while at a higher price, but the other one isn't that great - Are you into DIY btw? Also, stick to your budget - or you could find yourself being talked into buying a much more expensive van on finance for 8 years and having to rent your van out to pay for it all, and not being able to use your van much yourself. Sales people can be very persuasive lol.

As Gary says, go and speak to as many people as possible on all the parks you are interested in and see what they have to say about the sites. I think one of Wayne's relatives was on Seawick and then moved to St Osyth Beach and is now on Hutleys. There are also many other big company parks in the area - again, proceed with caution, speak to as many owners as possible and make sure you are aware of the financial commitment you are getting yourself into.

Do you know what the site fees are for the parks?

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 01-08-2012 at 02:02.

Old 01-08-2012, 18:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuppetChops View Post
Less facilities? Hutleys has a chip shop, big cafe, small cafe, pub, swimming pool, off licence, hairdressers, launderette, bookies, bouncy castles, etc., big amusement arcade, tattooist, bakers, general shop. What has our park got - a club with a smaller bar/eating area, swimming pool and tiny shop in reception, oh and a fishing pond lol - Seawick hasn't got a lot more. Think you can buy a yearly pass to St Osyth/Seawick anyway if you really want to use the facilities. It may have a shorter season, but everything shuts down on our park at the end of October - no entertainment, club open at weekends only on reduced hours lol.
What I meant by less facilities is entertainment, if that's what you want. Yes, Hutleys do have all the thing's you have said but they are open to everyone (except the pool).

http://s495.photobucket.com/albums/r...Our%20Caravan/
Old 01-08-2012, 21:08

Thank you so much people you have given me some great advice and i will take it all with me when i visit some of the sites this weekend, , yes i know what the ground rent on sites MuppetChops, i'll keep you all up to date but please if you hear of anyone selling please bare me in mind, again thank you
Old 02-08-2012, 10:43

Hi hope no one minds if I contribute. Our site couldn't find us a van in our sons price range but they said if we found a van on one of the other local sites run by the same company they would bring it onto the site so we did just that and still got all the offers the site was offering us might be worth bearing as different sites have different stock. Hope you find one you are happy with
Old 02-08-2012, 11:32
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete1001 View Post
Hi hope no one minds if I contribute. Our site couldn't find us a van in our sons price range but they said if we found a van on one of the other local sites run by the same company they would bring it onto the site so we did just that and still got all the offers the site was offering us might be worth bearing as different sites have different stock. Hope you find one you are happy with
that was a good buy then pete.well done.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:11
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steadyg2002 View Post
What I meant by less facilities is entertainment, if that's what you want. Yes, Hutleys do have all the thing's you have said but they are open to everyone (except the pool).
Ah I see. I think a lot of people use the facilities on both Seawick and St Osyth that aren't on either park. It just depends whether there are security staff on and how strict they are. We have been over to Seawick quite a bit recently and no-one ever asks to see our passes.

The problem on our park is that you can't often get into our pool because everyone from Seawick, etc. is using it.

The entertainment is ok but it can become very repetitive as it is mainly geared up for peeps on holiday there - think that is the direction the company are going - owners buying vans and subletting their vans and only using them themselves for a few weeks a year. I do begrudge paying for facilities geared up for the rental market especially if, as an owner, I am struggling to use some of them myself! But, I suppose it is the same with most of the big company parks .............. and there are worse companies out there.

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 02-08-2012 at 15:33.
Old 02-08-2012, 12:36
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace View Post
Thank you so much people you have given me some great advice and i will take it all with me when i visit some of the sites this weekend, , yes i know what the ground rent on sites MuppetChops, i'll keep you all up to date but please if you hear of anyone selling please bare me in mind, again thank you
I am keeping my eye on the vans at Hutleys for 2 friends that want to buy on there so will keep a look out for you. Would you still be interested in buying privately on our park and paying 500 a year more site fees - which would take the fees up to just under 3900 (3700 if you pay all the site fees before the end of October for the following year) with the rates and water - obviously you would have to pay for insurance, gas and electricity on top of that?

Remember, if you decide to buy get everything and I mean everything in writing before you sign the agreement, particularly on Seawick or St Osyth (that applies to any of the bigger company parks in the area as sales staff seem to be moved around a lot and it can be difficult to get things done after they have gone) - i.e. if they agree to replace a carpet, etc. or say something is included in the deal.

Just like Pete's park, our company can usually source you any van your want.

Good luck and let us know how you get on and don't rush into anything unless you are 100% happy - the right van will come along, it always does.

Last edited by Retired Member 8; 02-08-2012 at 12:47.
Old 02-08-2012, 23:57

Hi my 2 pence worth I'm on Mersea just outside clacton and they have some fab deals on my site

http://s1129.photobucket.com/albums/m505/Coralee34
Old 14-09-2012, 18:51

Hi ACE we have a 2005 model (bought as new 2007) ABI Discovery park resorts model
currently on Seawick told its valued at 13k has double glazing central heating please make me an offer either to keep on park or takeaway
Taximan
Old 14-09-2012, 20:50

And this thread just answered my previous question, lmao.