Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan Wanted

Static Caravan Wanted Are you looking to buy a satic caravan? Why not tell us?

Old 15-07-2015, 12:19

You should have looked the woman straight in the eyes when she asked if you didn't like children and said, no I don't, is that a problem? It doesn't matter if you like them or not. If she was trying to make you feel uncomfortable I would have made her feel more so. Or you could have said I like them just fine till they start kicking balls around or flying along the site roads on bikes and skateboards.

Old 15-07-2015, 13:08

I actually said to her "yes, I do like children but I couldn't eat a full one" needless to say it didn't go down a storm but her husband's face was a picture......it was worth it for that alone

Last edited by AlmeriaMan; 15-07-2015 at 13:17. Reason: I missed something
Old 15-07-2015, 13:57

Lol, I don't blame you. They should understand that a lot of people as they mature have reduced tolerance levels for other people's children. I've spoken to a lot of parents, who are often not yet even middle aged, who admit that whilst they have a great deal of patience with their own children they have very low tolerance levels for other people's, so you are not alone in not wanting to he around them. We chose an inland site in a rural location specifically because there is nothing much here for kids and so less chance of having many of them around. I work with kids and have a high tolerance level for everyone's children but I still don't want them kicking balls against my van.
Old 26-07-2015, 21:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welly View Post
We are on Sockenber Caravan park Kings Meaburn near Appleby, One was for sale I think @ 8k, there are a few kids but not many and nice and peaceful, Google Sockenber caravan park.
Another just come up on our site. 8500 very nice van well looked after.
Old 30-07-2015, 21:53
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmeriaMan View Post
I actually said to her "yes, I do like children but I couldn't eat a full one" needless to say it didn't go down a storm but her husband's face was a picture......it was worth it for that alone
well done you....
x

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 30-07-2015, 21:56
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlmeriaMan View Post
Firstly thanks to everyone who gave valuable feedback to my original question. After much deliberation we've decided that perhaps owning a static isn't for us so have wound down our search. If people are interested, here are our reasons:
  1. We just couldn't justify the original cost nor the annual expenses.
  2. We thought it better to holiday in statics as and when we want to rather than owning one.
  3. We are both "mature" and thought that we may not get enough years out of ownership to justifty the outgoings and original cost.

We've enjoyed looking and met some really nice people and would willingly holiday in a static given the opportunity.

Thanks again
totally good enough reasons and like others have said, its best you decided now before you actually went ahead and forked out for one
x

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 31-07-2015, 15:18

Might be a bit late but if you are still looking then our site could be ideal. http://www.greenwoodleghe.co.uk/ they have three sites in Ingleton ranging from approx 20 vans on one to maybe 75 on the largest. None offer anything but piece and quiet but are in easy access of the village of Ingleton. Whilst all allow children we rarely see any and as for dogs we have 4 hounds and they where one of the few to accept us. The rules and regs can seem a bit excessive but then that is what makes the site what it is . They have private vans for sale and new vans for sale, they are possibly the cheapest new sited vans I have seen with regards to mark up. Site fees aren't the cheapest around, last year they where a smidge over 2k hth