Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Polls

Polls Start or answer static caravan related polls

View Poll Results: I Trusted the person who sold me my caravan?
Fully 8 22.22%
A Lot 8 22.22%
Mostly 12 33.33%
A Little 3 8.33%
Somewhat 5 13.89%
Not At All 0 0%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Old 27-09-2016, 18:30

Default Trusting the sales person......

We wanted to buy a static caravan, so we researched as much as we could, then planned some visits.
We knew before we visited the sites what the site fees would be, and a rough idea on rates and services.

The one we chose to close in on was the busiest - Hopton in mid July, we didn't make any appointments, we arrived in the morning parked up and wandered around for an hour or so to get a feel for the place, then we wandered past the sales area and very quickly we were approached.

The guy seemed OK, we spent a couple of hours deciding what style and type of van we were looking for, saw some some examples and available pitches, discussed how long we could keep our van on the pitch, they informed us on the set up for rentals.

So we knew early on what we wanted and where we wanted to pitch, while we were deciding we went off for a free lunch and an hour later we put pen to paper.

Did I trust the sales guy ...... Yes, but we had a limit we would go to (or less if we could) he needed the sale and saved a more expensive one until last, we were told from the outset that it was a lifestyle choice and not an investment, so went for the van we liked best and within our budget.
So maybe we may regret not having CH by radiators which we were shown last.
The sales guy didn't push at all, we were not rushed and we left happy.
Site management seem relaxed and helpful.

We've used the van a lot, grand kids too and love the site and van, now noticing in late September it's getting quieter.

So we had a positive experience, as you meet other owners you get an insight into the politics, so we feel happy with what we've done and it's works for us

2015 Willoughby Salsa Eco

(Don't worry everyone ive checked out the Draindown pages!!)

Old 28-09-2016, 16:08

It never ceases to surprise me how many people take the word if a sales person on a static site as "gospel" and then sign a contract that says something different

As a note to anyone buying a static:

Ask to take away a copy of the contract/ agreement that you are going to be asked to sign BEFORE you commit to buying
Take it away and read it 5 times

If they wont let you see/take away a copy.....start to wonder why
I would run for the hills