Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan For Sale

Static Caravan For Sale Advertise your static caravan for sale

Old 10-09-2016, 14:14
Supporting Member

Default Static blues!

Well it's mid September and I'm missing my trips to the van already! We do not use it a great deal but for the last 6 months it's been a couple of sunny weekends a month and a few longer stays. The children are now back at school and I am back to fulltime work so the bolt hole is taking a rest. Not drained down quite yet for winter but will be soon. Sad or what!

Old 10-09-2016, 14:21
Supporting Member

Yep sad, but it comes to us all
Old 10-09-2016, 19:22

Sat in mine right now but can see the end of the season in sight. Walked the dog in the dark last night and this morning

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 10-09-2016, 22:53

Our site closes end of October. Cant believe how this season seems to have flown. Right now, we dont want it to end, but on the other hand, after September, its all downhill from here weather wise so when our site closes its usually much colder, dreary & wet. The last week or so, we have usually had enough. Probably different for those of you with double glazed vans with extra insulation & central heating but for us with summer type van, we start to miss our well insulated & centrally heated home & the site closure on 1st November is about right for us. never mind, we can look forward to March & the start of season 2017.
Old 11-09-2016, 10:26

I'm just looking forward to receiving my van. Delivery has been put back yet again and is now due on site 19th, September. Over two and a half months late. I have been assured by the manufacturer that it will be delivered but I will believe it when it happens.

When it does arrive, we will spend six months through the winter on site. It's built to residential specification with A rated D/G Central heating etc. so I'm hoping it will be warm and cosy. The site only close for eight days from 20th, February till 1st, March so we will spend that time with my daughter and her family.

It seems a long time since we ordered it in January.