Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion > Hobbies

Hobbies Do you have a hobby? Discuss it here

Old 27-08-2017, 12:46

Default Dog Owners

I know there are a lot of dog owners on here, so may I be cheeky and ask if anyone can recommend a retractable lead, (tape not cord) 8 -10 metres. Our dog loves wandering but is such a wimp she'll bolt if anything startles her, so she needs to be kept in check.

Old 27-08-2017, 13:04
Supporting Member

Hi, I have an 8 metre cord lead made by Flexi, German manufacturers, they make tape and cord models, they give a good lengthy guarantee , had mine 2years and still going strong, I would recommend one with the adjustable handle size so you can wear gloves with it during the winter months. Think I paid around 20 on eBay for it
littlefb
Old 27-08-2017, 14:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefb View Post
Hi, I have an 8 metre cord lead made by Flexi, German manufacturers, they make tape and cord models, they give a good lengthy guarantee , had mine 2years and still going strong, I would recommend one with the adjustable handle size so you can wear gloves with it during the winter months. Think I paid around 20 on eBay for it
littlefb
Thanks for that, I must say "Flexi" do seem to be about the best from the research I've done. You know what it's like with anything though, the more you read, the more you doubt yourself. I think you have confirmed my initial thoughts.
Old 29-08-2017, 22:19

https://www.therange.co.uk/pets/dogs...0aAhJSEALw_wcB

Here is a link to flexi vario. Best tape lead you can buy in my opinion.
Old 29-08-2017, 23:02

Not wanting to offend anyone . I have had dogs for years but cannot see the point of of dog lead over 3 feet long !. The whole idea of a dog lead is to control your dog , how can you control a dog that is some 20 yards away ?......I sit In my caravan and see a dog go by then some time later a person on the end of a long string appears ?.....How can this person be in control of that dog ?.....And please...Do NOT get me started on irresponsible dog owners and dog mess...
Old 30-08-2017, 08:14
Supporting Member

It must be a great life for a dog stuck on the end of a three foot lead all of its life!!
littlefb ( responsible dog keeper of a rescued dog )
Old 30-08-2017, 11:52

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefb View Post
It must be a great life for a dog stuck on the end of a three foot lead all of its life!!
littlefb ( responsible dog keeper of a rescued dog )
3 foot is only on the caravan park..
Old 30-08-2017, 16:05

Surely the whole point of a retractable lead is that it can just as easily be a 3 foot lead as a 30 foot lead. Its adjustable so you just adjust the leads length depending on how much control of the dog you need to suit the location. We have a field dedicated for dog walking & you can happily let your dog run free but not let loose on site between the vans or roadway. Nothing at all wrong with an adjustable lead. Its the dog owner who is at fault if they use the lead inappropriately.
Old 30-08-2017, 21:46

we have a flexi one. Hollie stays on it short near the van and then when we get to the field ( where at home I would just let her off ) she gets the full length. This lets her wander and sniff but not disappear after rabbits or ducks

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 31-08-2017, 13:03

I have always bought the Flexi brand they seem to work smoothly and don't lock up. Also must say I use it for my own dogs safety as well as for consideration for others very much in favour of them I hate it when dog owners allow there exciteable dogs run up to mine who is very old nervous they say Oh it won't hurt her - grrrrr not the point my dog is under control yours is not - and yes they can be used as a normal short lead so wheres the problem. Must have felt like a rant today