Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Technical Issues

Technical Issues A place to ask and/or give advice on technical issues

Old 13-04-2019, 10:29

Default Boiler Problem

I would welcome some advice on problem with Burgundy boiler not starting. Its a Morco Super Compact Electronic 11ltr that when turned on and a water tap turned the boiler goes to 'lock-out' ie pilot light red. Heve tried a few times to start up and did have similar problems last year when we opened up the van for the year but did finally work...but no luck this year. Any suggestions?

Old 13-04-2019, 10:51
Supporting Member

Switching off the water heater
When the hot water tap is turned off, the heater will stop automatically.

To switch off the heater completely, press the ON-OFF button.

IMPORTANT: When the heater is switched on for the first time, or if it has not been used for a certain time, or when a new gas bottle is installed, the appliance may fail to ignite due to the presence of air in the gas pipes. If this happens, the heater will ‘LOCK OUT’ and the red LED will be displayed.
Occasionally, the heater may fail to ignite due to excessively windy
conditions or other adverse atmospheric conditions, causing ‘LOCKOUT’.
Insufficient gas pressure (faulty regulator) or fluctuations in voltage may also cause ‘LOCKOUT’.

To RESET the heater press the ON-OFF button to switch off then depress the ON-OFF button to restart. The red LED should now be off and the heater should ignite when the hot tap is opened.

You can see these instructions here

http://www.morcoproducts.co.uk/resou...al_English.pdf

if thats not the right one for your model see here

http://www.morcoproducts.co.uk/resou...1000524605.pdf

Thats got a good trouble shooting guide on page 18 which should be similar on all models

Last edited by Gerry1964; 13-04-2019 at 10:54.
Old 13-04-2019, 12:58

I've often had this problem at the first firing up at start of the season. When it first happened, I unplugged boiler, run gas fire and gas cooker for a while and then turned off and plugged boiler back in an tried again. For me this has worked until now and just assumed gas was taking some time to get through to the boiler? Mines not a Morco boiler though, if that makes any difference?
Old 13-04-2019, 18:41

Our boiler wouldn't ignite last week when we went for the first time this year..Topped it up for a couple of seconds on the filler loop and Bingo...…..
Old 14-04-2019, 09:54
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlixtonFlyer View Post
Our boiler wouldn't ignite last week when we went for the first time this year..Topped it up for a couple of seconds on the filler loop and Bingo.....
That the other thing also if there os not enough pressure the
Boiler wont start no matter how many tomes you try and light it.

On mine it has to be between 1.5 and 2 bars dont try and crank it up more as youll over pressurise the system
Old 19-04-2019, 09:03

I have a Morco combi boiler GB24 series 11 in my swift burgundy, check water pressure guage, then I put all switches to reset, couple of seconds, then whizz up to preheat, then fires up without any issue, then open hot water tap, and increase water temp on boiler slowly.

Last edited by sparkrace22; 19-04-2019 at 09:05.
Old 19-04-2019, 17:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry1964 View Post
That the other thing also if there os not enough pressure the
Boiler wont start no matter how many tomes you try and light it.

On mine it has to be between 1.5 and 2 bars dont try and crank it up more as youll over pressurise the system
The boiler quoted is only a water heater, not a central heating boiler. Therefore the water pressure you mentioned is not relevant as this is only required for a combi boiler running a central heating system.

http://s1167.photobucket.com/user/He...deshow/?sort=4
Old 20-04-2019, 11:09

Hi we moved our static over to France no problems until now ,had some problems with Gas combi boiler call in repair person who we thought got it working . Only to find out now hes made a right mess of things boilder is now unusable So we will have to removed boilder ( which did the cental heating and hot water thru out ) Now we will have to replace and go electic so we can have hot water ,shower ect and replace radators with electic heaters (7 in total ) Can i please ask what water heater would be best must hold atleast 100 liters of water and which slimline electic heaters are best .. we are stuated just a 45 min drive out if Calais .. Advice would be apprecaited .. many thanks
Old 21-04-2019, 12:21
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondda55 View Post
Hi we moved our static over to France no problems until now ,had some problems with Gas combi boiler call in repair person who we thought got it working . Only to find out now hes made a right mess of things boilder is now unusable So we will have to removed boilder ( which did the cental heating and hot water thru out ) Now we will have to replace and go electic so we can have hot water ,shower ect and replace radators with electic heaters (7 in total ) Can i please ask what water heater would be best must hold atleast 100 liters of water and which slimline electic heaters are best .. we are stuated just a 45 min drive out if Calais .. Advice would be apprecaited .. many thanks

Firstly you'll need to check the Caravan supply to make sure you can take all those electric heaters, etc..

Surely you can get the Boiler working again even if it was messed up, you just need to get someone who knows what he's doing instead of spending all that money on new equipment ?

Caravan Boilers are not normally as complicated as home ones and are pretty robust in terms of fixing should something go wrong.

I'm guessing its an electrical issue with the connection as opposed to something seriously wrong with the boiler?
Old 22-04-2019, 16:50
Forum Advertiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhondda55 View Post
Hi we could possible help, but before I commit, I would need to know full address, make and model of the boiler, and what the issue was, and what the issue is now. Why go electric? worst case would be a new combi boiler, readily available and easy enough for an engineer to fit.
As cost involved to visit we would have to charge for initial visit. If on mainland Britain we would consider a free visit and quote.

www.caraconnect.co.uk
01206860746 07817730981