Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 27-06-2019, 22:16

Talking Hello to all :)

Hi everyone,

Have spent a few days/weeks lurking on here, and can now happily join you. We pick up the keys to our new to us caravan on Saturday and I can't wait.

We've gone for a 2002 van on Twin Rivers caravan park in Foel - anyone else from there on here?

I've just been reading all the inventory threads as I'm packing for our first weekend, hoping I don't forget anything. Prior to this we had a tourer for 6 years, I once packed clothes for kids and hubby only to arrive and discover I hadn't packed any for me

I'm looking to forward to learning and enjoying the van over the next few years and really hoping that my kids will make some wonderful friends and memories in their new home from home. Any advice/hints/tips are very gratefully received.

Old 28-06-2019, 08:45

to the forum and to the static life. Hope you enjoy your second home. Don't be afraid to ask for advice if you can't find it already on here.
Old 28-06-2019, 17:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by cazgh View Post
Hi everyone,

Have spent a few days/weeks lurking on here, and can now happily join you. We pick up the keys to our new to us caravan on Saturday and I can't wait.

We've gone for a 2002 van on Twin Rivers caravan park in Foel - anyone else from there on here?

I've just been reading all the inventory threads as I'm packing for our first weekend, hoping I don't forget anything. Prior to this we had a tourer for 6 years, I once packed clothes for kids and hubby only to arrive and discover I hadn't packed any for me

I'm looking to forward to learning and enjoying the van over the next few years and really hoping that my kids will make some wonderful friends and memories in their new home from home. Any advice/hints/tips are very gratefully received.
Hi Cazgh. to the forum. I'm sure that you and your family will have a great time visiting your new home from home.

Your story about forgetting to pack items for yourself reminds me of when we had a short stay in Wales earlier this year. I had packed almost everything and left my underwear on the bed next to my bag to finish off my packing. When we arrived at the Hotel I was emptying my bag and discovered that they weren't there. On questioning my wife, she said that she had placed them back into the drawer that I took them out of. It was a visit to the shops to buy some more.

She very often sorts out my wardrobe and gets rid of the clothes that she doesn't like. It drives me up to the wall but nothing changes.
Old 28-06-2019, 17:28

welcome to the site

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 30-06-2019, 21:40

Thank you! Nice to know I'm not alone in the packing fails ����. Just spent our first weekend in the van, didn't even manage to get it fully cleaned but did have a great time and looking forward to going back again next Saturday. Going to take us a while to get all set up, but at least it's clean in the kitchen. How was everybody's weekend?
Old 03-07-2019, 07:52

Saturday was spent sorting out our rental home in Spain after we discovered that the water heater had sprung a leak over the winter months when we were in England. It had made a terrible mess in the house. We have been drying out the walls with the use of a dehumidifier and the air conditioning and generally trying to get things back in order since we arrived back in Spain at the end of May.

Saturday Evening we went out for a meal at our favorite restaurant and Sunday we went down to the beach for a couple of hours.

The good news is the house is now back to what it should be but only after a lot of hard work. I don't want to face that problem again.
Old 05-07-2019, 14:39
Administrator

Hello and welcome to GoStatic

Follow us on Twitter (Info)
Old 09-07-2019, 17:38

Ah Mosquito that sounds nightmarish!! We were down at the van last weekend and eaten alive by midges and other small winged things. I have invested in giant citronella candles and anti bug sprays. So far I am missing the tourer, but also loving the static.
Old 09-07-2019, 18:07

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Have you tried "smidge"? It's deet-free (ideal for asthmatics) made in Scotland and it's amazing stuff!
Incidentally, we pass your site on the way to Barmouth.
Good luck with move-in day xx

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1
Old 15-07-2019, 16:05

Default Smidge

I haven't but I will, thank you for the tip