Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Old 23-08-2019, 13:04
Supporting Member

Default New beginnings in Hampshire

Hi, this is my first post and I am so pleased to have found and been allowed to join this site.

After a good deal of research and visits to sites I have just had an offer accepted on a Static in Shorefields Country Park in Hampshire. I am the wrong side of 65, retired and widowed. I have grown up children and 7 grandchildren aged 2 - 9. The idea is that they will have the use of the van which would make it seem good (ish) value to me. I understand that it is a money pit and would prefer to think of it as a lifestyle choice and am happy to accept the cost.
I have been given lots of help and advice from people on the Shorefield owners site and have scoured this site as a reader until my request to join was approved (thank you administrators). Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the forum as well as gain information over the coming years.

I am really looking forward to spending quality time with my family (and peaceful time with my dog) over the next few years. It is just over 1 hours drive away so easy to go at the drop of a hat.

Old 23-08-2019, 21:22

to the forum!

I agree with you about it being a lifestyle choice.

Enjoy your van!
Old 25-08-2019, 08:58

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

to the forum! What a lovely intro! I thought you'd like your own thread.
Happy in Hampshire and happy you've found us!
What is your season? Do you plan to use early/late season? Lots of hints and tips on here. If you are looking for anything specific just ask, one of us can usually point you in the right direction.
Enjoy
Angela M

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Angela M; 26-08-2019 at 12:20.
Old 25-08-2019, 14:04

to GoStatic fordsabroad

Looks like you have made this jump into Static Caravan ownership with eyes wide open and we are also about an hour away from our caravan, not a long enough distance to put us off travelling but far enough to feel like we have been on holiday away from home

Hope you enjoy this lifestyle choice and spending good times with your family and dog.

Cylon