Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Static Caravan For Sale

Static Caravan For Sale Advertise your static caravan for sale

Old 16-04-2012, 16:32

Default Static Caravan on site near Lake District

BK Bluebird Senator holiday home, 2002, 39 x 12, sleeps six, large decked area. This is sited on the Wild Rose Park near Appleby in Westmorland, ideal for exploring the Lake District. The site is only closed for two weeks a year. This van has an 'unlimited licence', this means that provided you keep the van in good order you do not have to sell or change the van after a certain period of time. There are new carpets and curtains through out, double glazing and central heating from a combi boiler, kingsize bed with storage, bath and shower, integral fridge and freezer.

The photos of the lounge and kitchen have come out a bit dark but I didn't have the lights on and the flash didn't work - it's really a very light van.

s at
http://s208.photobucket.com/albums/b...ird%20Senator/

Last edited by Mabel; 16-04-2012 at 16:34. Reason: forgot to add price

Old 16-04-2012, 18:22

Hi , fantastic van, could you give site details, is fee's etc.
If you can.
Thanks
Jimmy Gordon
Old 16-04-2012, 20:26
Supporting Member

it looks lovely. it shouldnt be long before you sell it.. x

NEVER REGRET ANYTHING THAT MADE YOU SMILE
Old 16-04-2012, 22:28

Hi JimmyG

Site fees are 2800 per year incl VAT, but plus rates. Gas and Electric on meters, read every three months, no bottled gas.

Site is great if you have children, there are two play areas, football field, swimming pool (outdoor but heated), shop, restaurant, coffee shop, takeaway, laundry, dog exercise area.

The cost of the van does not include site fees for this year - you would have to pay a percentage of the yearly fee, which runs from 1st Jan until 31st Dec.

If Shuggie reads this there is fishing in the River Eden a short walk from the site - the man who owns the van opposite is a fisherman. Golf course not far away and of course walking in the Lake District and the Eden Valley.

Appleby is a small market town with the usual amenities, for anything else Penrith is about 10 miles away and Keswick, Ullswater and Bassenthwaithe all less than an hour away.
Old 17-04-2012, 12:03
Banned

Mabel thanks for contacting me your van looks lovely just what I would be looking for unfortunately though the other half wants to be right in the centre of the Lake District possibly near Keswick or Windermere.Good luck with selling your van.
Old 17-04-2012, 18:43
Retired Member

hi your caravan looks lovely should sell quickly , appleby is where the gypsies gather every year isnt it? is the site anywhere the town itself ? has the gathering ever bothered you on site ? i only ask as have seen them on tv before all arriving drinking taking over the town , your static looks beautiful we have only just started first season in our static and too far for us , lovely tho
Old 17-04-2012, 22:08

Yes, Appleby is where the gypsies gather. The site is about three miles outside the town, occasionally some travellers do use the site but there has never been any bother. Just as a precaution we do not go that weekend. Most of Appleby closes and many shopkeepers take two weeks holiday at that time.

The site is divided into five main areas. The tourers (and any travellers) are nowhere near where our van is sited, we are on a very quiet part of the site.
Old 17-04-2012, 23:12

Good luck..... lovely van and BK too, i am a bit biased towards BK's.

I think it will sell quickly, seems like a bargain to me.
Old 19-04-2012, 00:59
Retired Member

Good luck Mabel - It looks a cracking van and I don't think you will have any problem selling it.
Old 08-05-2012, 14:02

We have just accepted an offer on the van. New owners want to move in asap so it's packing this weekend