Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > General Discussion

General Discussion General non-caravan related discussion

Old 16-12-2012, 15:32
Banned

Maddy. I share your view I like to think we have become friends on this forum all be it that in the main is cyber friends.I do not understand the complaining about certain subjects or posts being in the wrong section, The moderators do a good job of keeping us right but its not my place to tell other posters that there subject choice is wrong or that they should have posted in another section and I think some well meaning posters im sure are going to drive others away all be it that is not there intention.

Old 16-12-2012, 15:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuggiegreen View Post
The heading is entitled General Discussion and I would have thought that the shower Gel question was in the right place but that only my opinion.Flixton the fact that you are in the fortunate position to support the forum financialy once again in my opinion doesnt give you any more rights or benefits than anyone else on the forum? now it may be the Darren should consider having an annual membership fee for the forum and with a written list of the benefits membership affords the member.Who is to say that somone who posts a lot is not equaly as valuable as someone who has contributed financialy as without posters and posts there would be no forum the chicken and the egg debate springs to mind.
It Wasn't in General Discussion to start with.It was in Owning a Caravan.Get your facts right fella.I didn't say it gives me ANYMORE rights at all.Get your facts right.I didn't say someone who posts is not equaly (spelling) as valuable.Get your facts right.Try not twist what you are reading in posts to suit what you think.
Old 16-12-2012, 15:57
Banned

Flixton. You are actualy agreeing with me I said when I read it it was in the General discussion area you have told me it didnt start there so I assume a moderator moved it and I already said they do a good job.I did not say you had more rights I was asking a question go back and read my post and look for the question mark.I also said I did not want to debate the subject but merely to voice my opinion.You have chosen to become defensive and have a go at me for what reason I am unsure but please remember it is the season to be merry.
Old 16-12-2012, 16:26

Shuggie...You actually made a statement and put a question mark at the end of it.Therefore it was aimed at me.I and Fido brought it to the Mods attention and Ang moved it.I voiced an opinion as to whether the thread was in the right place and whether the question was relevant as to Owning a caravan.You took it on yourself to give your opinion as to why I had an opinion in the first place.I haven't become defensive far from it.And on a closing note may I say thanks for the PM's I have received for the advice i have given regarding posts.
Old 16-12-2012, 16:48
Banned

FlixtonFlyer. I have no idea why I appear to have upset you ? You read my posts then put your own spin on it fair enough fella its a free World.I will now consider you as another moderator as you will want to know why I have posted on a particular subject ?and then you will misinterpretate what im saying and of course then correct me.Now I do not come on to a forum to recieve hassle and nonsense from another poster so maybe you should just scroll past my post as they seem to get you upset.
Old 16-12-2012, 17:08

Shuggoe...from where I'm sitting I'm not sure that FF is upset,I think your reading a little to much in to this,it was you yourself that said you didn't want to open a debate(or words to that effect) but that's exactly what you have done,not that there's any harm in that,in fact it sets up a nice healthy debate...

Now I'm just off to get some popcorn and pull up nice comfy chair
Old 16-12-2012, 17:18
Banned

Fido. Perhaps you are correct from where im sitting im trying to defend my corner from someone misenterpretating what I said.Simple as that really.
Old 16-12-2012, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuggiegreen View Post
FlixtonFlyer. I have no idea why I appear to have upset you ? You read my posts then put your own spin on it fair enough fella its a free World.I will now consider you as another moderator as you will want to know why I have posted on a particular subject ?and then you will misinterpretate what im saying and of course then correct me.Now I do not come on to a forum to recieve hassle and nonsense from another poster so maybe you should just scroll past my post as they seem to get you upset.
Your posts don't upset me cos there is nothing in them to upset anyone.I don't know where you are coming from as to regards Hassle and Nonsense.I probably should scroll past your posts especially as they are no help to me personally,however I do like to see good constructive advice given.Consider me as you like,a moderator is fine if that's what you want,it is of no consequence to me.Hoever if i offer advice/opinion I do not want you to butt in and tell me what i can and can't do.That is up to the Moderators.NOT YOU.
Old 16-12-2012, 17:50

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea

Hi guys.
I have only popped in quickly from time to time this weekend.

This thread was in the wrong section so I moved it.
No one has, or I believe sees themselves as having any more rights on here than the next member. Whether you are a supporting member or not, it is by personal choice.
As long as the forum user policy is followed, that applies to all of us, mods included.

This is meant in nicely, the written word is often misinterpreted, so come on guys

It's shower gel or soap isn't it?

Angela B
Mid team

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Last edited by Angela M; 16-12-2012 at 17:54.
Old 16-12-2012, 17:54
Banned

FlixtonFlyer. Point taken if I see you giving advice be it good or bad I will not comment but what advice where you giving today when I interupted and put my oar in ? I think if im correct you were having a go at a poster and you were asking what his post was to do with static caravans.I do not remember the poster asking for your comments but as its an open forum I guess you have the right of reply mind you I dont or so you say.You are quite proud of the fact you asked a moderator to move a post but I guess your contribution allows you to do that and as I dont contribute financialy to the forum I shouldnt comment on your posts.As Fido rightly pointed out to me that I said I did not want to enter a debate on the subject just simply put my point of view forward so that is my final say on the matter. I hope you have a lovely Christmas.