Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 18-02-2014, 20:40

Location: Barmouth, Gwynedd - where the mountains meet the sea
Default New Season 2014

Well, the New Season is almost here, where did that time go?

It's been rather a roller coaster ride for me after all the storms and flooding on my site, there have been times when I thought that me and my lovely old girl would be parting company (I'm still not 100% until I see her again!).
Many of us have had changes in circumstances, decided to sell up, or upgrade, or have moved house.
We've gained so many lovely new members, and GoStatic has continued to blossom - and that's thanks to everyone who takes the time to post on here.

So, what are your plans for this coming season? What are you looking forward to most?

Here's to the new season...

May the sun shine upon us all

Live life forwards, but learn from it backwards ...

http://s1090.photobucket.com/user/ae...?sort=2&page=1

Old 18-02-2014, 21:08

Well I must say that I still get that feeling of immediate relaxation when I open the door to my caravan.
I am also looking forward to long walks with the dogs , Bbq's and time with our good friends on the site .
Wish it was the 1st of March .

hope your van is alright Angela .
Old 18-02-2014, 21:15

Cant believe that a year has gone by since we had our first night's stay in our baby. 2013 was a fabulous season, weve met some lovely new people and renewed friendships with our friends from GoStatic.

The closed season has flown by and has been quite uneventful for us fortunately. We've not had to live through the trauma, worry and anguish that some people have had thrust upon them by the freak weather and my prayers have been with our friends on GS who have had to contend with floods, unbelievable waves, 100mph+ winds and damage and destruction to their vans.

Angie you have been one very brave girl and I sincerely hope that your lovely old girl has come through it all, relatively unscathed.

Counting the days now until the end of the month and caravan-time. As you say Margaret, you cant beat the feeling of relaxation when you're at your van.
I shall need my van to keep me busy while I wait to pick up my new car in April but Im sure the time will soon go.
Old 18-02-2014, 21:16
Supporting Member

With Hubby taking early Retirement (only finished last week and he's getting bored already), It will be nice to go whenever we like and chase the good weather without having to fit it in with work

ML.
Old 18-02-2014, 23:04

Excited to be going back to ours soon. We already have friends booked in to join us there in July, a repeat of a girlie hiking day in August and my old school friends joining me for a 60th birthday reunion there in September. Apart from that it will be enjoyed regularly by us, our children and grandchildren. At home we are having a new conservatory built, which is keeping me occupied at the moment. Then we have three lovely holidays planned this year away from our caravan. 2014 is hopefully going to be another good year of enjoying retirement. I hope it turns out the same for you Angela, after the awful start with the worry of the stormy weather.
Old 19-02-2014, 00:20

I'm so excited about the coming season as it will be our first - we only managed 4 weekends in ours before we closed up so it doesn't really count.
I'm looking forward to being able to relax and spending time in the countryside. I'm looking forward to meeting a whole load of new people as we only met a handful when we were there. I'm also looking forward to showing it to my sister; her hubby and my niece. I'm in the middle of making curtains for the nieces room so it will be all pink and girly - can't wait to show her it as she will love it. I can't wait for Easter too, I won't be working then as my contract will have finished but I will have more time to spend at the van
Angela, I really hope all is well when you see your old girl and that everything is as it should be and they have managed to clean the site up. Hope everyone who has been affected by the floods gets sorted soon
Old 19-02-2014, 07:14

Well firstly seeing my van still with roof on and intact...secondly hope my fav pub in harbour...the LAST INN is ok and open for the season...BBQS and walks on beach with dog and just chillaxing....hope everyone has a good start to your season and your vans are ok...
Old 19-02-2014, 07:51

Have had two lovely weekends at the van we open 7th February wonderful walks on beach we have been very lucky with the weather so far. Just something I find upsetting is our owners forum it is very negative have tried putting on positive posts but shot down mainly by ex owners if had not found this forum first would not have been as happy in my van I don't post much but do soak up all the advice and positive posts had hoped to get the same locally
Old 19-02-2014, 08:14
Supporting Member

We have arranged for our drain-up so we can go back on Friday 28 Feb - can't wait. Being on the East Coast, we have missed the worst of the weather (having survivied the early December one that battered the East Coast), and we've heard nothing untoward (site owners live on site and regularly patrol, so I'm sure we would have been told if there were any problems), so we should be fine.

Hubby was going to be away with friends this coming weekend, but that's been cancelled so I'm going to suggest we go over on Saturday for a few hours to take the bedding back and sort out the cushions, etc, so we don't have it all to do when we arrive next Friday - it will save having to take 2 cars next weekend too!

Angela - I sincerely hope your 'baby' is fine when you go back - it must be terribly worrying for you and everybody affected by the weather.
Old 19-02-2014, 08:39

Like everyone else, we can't wait for 1 March. As we only bought this van in November we are looking forward to a full season on our new park and getting to know more people and, hopefully, meeting some GS members from nearby. We are going on Sunday to take towels and bedding and get things ready for the following weekend. Like Scampi says, we don't want to start the season spending time sorting everything out. Off to Costco on Friday to buy some supplies now we have a 'proper' fridge-freezer, their lasagne is to die for.