Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > The Exchange > Wanted

Wanted Post where you want a caravan for exchange.

Old 19-07-2010, 12:09

Question Caravan Heating

Hi

I'm looking at updating the eleletric panel heaters fitted in my caravan as they are not produce much heat. I do not want to upgrade to central heating at this time as i'm having double glazing fitted later this year by Darren. Can any one give advice on which ones to buy

Ken

Old 19-07-2010, 15:33

I don't know about panel heaters but I have just got 2 of these for half price from Argos. They work very well and have some good reviews form Static owners.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...+RADIATORS.htm

If this link doesn't work the ARGOS catalogue number is 415/0475

Pete
Old 19-07-2010, 16:22

Ecoflex heaters are excellent. You can get them from Aztec UK.
Old 19-07-2010, 16:39

Cool heaters

Hi Ken,
The new vans that you get now have a 350w Plinth heater which are installed under the cupboard plinths they are great as they maintain air movement which is always great for your caravan in general as well as your comfort. Its been a which since I ordered some... you can get them as well as funky electric fires from Imperial Fires on 01527556700. Hope this Helps!
Old 19-07-2010, 16:41

Default Oily mess..

With respect to oil filled radiators when we moved to prepay electric meters we found piles of them at thedustin stands.They do eat electric. So they arent always the best option.
Old 19-07-2010, 17:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamborough Sales Manager View Post
Hi Ken,
The new vans that you get now have a 350w Plinth heater which are installed under the cupboard plinths they are great as they maintain air movement which is always great for your caravan in general as well as your comfort. Its been a which since I ordered some... you can get them as well as funky electric fires from Imperial Fires on 01527556700. Hope this Helps!
Are these the fitted fan heaters? we were in a loan fleetvan for a night early season whilst ours had maintenance men in.
The heater was on all night as it was freezing, it burnt out early hours when i smelt burning this was in a new van!!
I immediately thought these were a bad idea located at floor level as people would unknowingly place bags etc in front of them & are a possible fire hazard.

I would save your pennies up & get gas rad C/H installed once the D/G is fitted & the pennies allow.
Old 19-07-2010, 17:51

Quote:
With respect to oil filled radiators when we moved to prepay electric meters we found piles of them at thedustin stands.They do eat electric. So they arent always the best option.
LOL... BEST THING ABOUT THORNWICK HAVING ALL ELECTRIC IN WITH THE RENT, EVERYONE HAD HEATERS ON FULL ALL TIME LOL
NOT NO MORE THRO LOL
Old 20-07-2010, 07:37

Quote:
I am on a site that has always paid for electricity (annually) and have been recommended these from numerous people on site who have had them for many years. I suppose if you have them on full for 24 hours a day they will get expensive (as will any heating) and it must depend on what the site is charging for your electricity as well. If prepay electric meters on site are the same as one's in houses they tend to be the most expensive way to buy electricity around.
Anyway Ken I hope you soon find a solution to your problem.

Pete
Old 20-07-2010, 09:01

Quote:
Hi Ken,
With respect mate, a 350w plinth heater ain't gonna heat up a cold caravan however long you leave it on.
Old 20-07-2010, 12:06

we use the oil filled ones and i think there great but we pay for electric with rates