Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping > Wanted

Wanted Are you after a bargain? Ask the forum here.

Old 12-03-2016, 16:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick1950 View Post
are you planning on running an electrical appliance,i.e. a washing machine inside a plastic box...........an electrician will advise against it,i,m afraid.
Thanks Mick. I was going to store it in there when not in use to get it out of the way. It's one of those caravan washing machines, a small plastic twin tub, space in my van is limited, not very well planned, too much floor space and not enough cupboards.

Old 12-03-2016, 16:13
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbler72 View Post
Hi all

I'm new here and apologies if this has been done before (I have tried the search function though).

I'm looking for a large, secure storage box to store fishing gear, patio furniture cushions etc.

It needs to be salt resistant though as we're very close to the sea.

What are the best boxes out there at present?

Thanks

Kev
I think from having researched this last year, that the Asgard offering probably is the strongest and best. They do seem to come in around £400 or so from memory.
I decided to take the advice of one of our park groundsmen, who suggested I look at a Parkdale metal shed from Store More Garden Buildings in Stockport. I believe there are other retailers also.
We bought one, 6'3" wide and 4' deep. Double metal sliding doors with provision for a padlock. It was £199 last year.
Like almost any shed, I have no doubt it could be forced open if anyone decided to have a go.
However, we don't keep valuables in it.
They are, like most metal sheds, a pig to assemble, so I took up the offer of a staff member and paid him to build it.
We are very pleased with it, looks good, decent size and secure enough.
Old 12-03-2016, 19:22
Supporting Member

Some sites have second hand ones left by previous owners, worth an ask, you never know you might get a decent one for a good price.it may be worth checking with your site before buying one, they have to be management approved on our site
Good luck
Old 12-03-2016, 22:54
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefb View Post
Some sites have second hand ones left by previous owners, worth an ask, you never know you might get a decent one for a good price.it may be worth checking with your site before buying one, they have to be management approved on our site
Good luck
our park charges around £495 for the largest(assembled),but we got ours second hand for£250.
Old 21-03-2016, 17:29

Hi to everybody, I am a novice caravan owner of just 3 weeks.
I am also looking to purchase a metal storage box to put out door furniture, bbq ect in. I just like to know if you have to anchor them to the ground or are they heavy enough as to not move?
Old 21-03-2016, 17:35
Departed Friend

mick.ours is not anchored down,but the park insists it stands on a concrete base so it stands level.
Old 21-03-2016, 21:12

Thanks for your reply Mick, I plan to site the box on paving slabs and not on the grass as per site policy.
Old 21-03-2016, 21:29

mickglomilo

Ours is not bolted down but have considered it due to it being plastic and not as heavy as some, but saying that it is in a sheltered position and a bit heavier now full. May be best asking your site and being sure but as far as I can tell on our site, those I've asked have not bothered bolting down.
Old 21-03-2016, 21:48

When we had our van, (dearly departed) I bought a Yardmaster and it took me 6 hrs to put together, it was a sliver finish and did ok, we did put down slabs to anchor it as it would not have lasted long if it wasn't bolted down, costco sell a decent looking plastic one some guys used them at our former site but don't thinkm they would be very secure but what would be in the shed line anyway unless you build a brick one!
Old 21-03-2016, 23:05
Departed Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7227caravan View Post
When we had our van, (dearly departed) I bought a Yardmaster and it took me 6 hrs to put together, it was a sliver finish and did ok, we did put down slabs to anchor it as it would not have lasted long if it wasn't bolted down, costco sell a decent looking plastic one some guys used them at our former site but don't thinkm they would be very secure but what would be in the shed line anyway unless you build a brick one!
we can only have metal ones on our park.one advantage of managing to buy a second hand one at half the price is that I didn,t have to spend hours trying to put it together.