Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Advertise Your Services > Caravan Parks

Caravan Parks Why not check out one of the fantastic caravan parks

Old 20-09-2017, 20:27
Supporting Member

Default Bring on plots

There are two bring on plots being advertised on gumtree for cresswell towers in Northumberland , the price on the ad is 3696. Thought it may be of interest to members of gostatic, I often see posts of people looking for bring ons
littlefb
Old 24-09-2017, 22:24

Hi littlefb, thanks for that, I will have a look for sure.
I've just got home from my van after a 10 day visit and I've decided it's time to either move or pack it in. The caravan next door has 5 dogs and I've had over 4 years of barking at all times of the evening, up to 1am. I've decided I don't want another season of it, especially when I am paying for the privilege. I've complained several times over the years to the van owner and to the management but to no avail. Time to vote with my feet and take my purse with me!
Old 24-09-2017, 22:36
Supporting Member

Hi Trish , I look at gumtree every day, the ad was still there today, it was posted 3 days ago, ya never know, it may be of some use to you
Good luck
littlefb
Old 25-09-2017, 07:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Traction View Post
I've just got home from my van after a 10 day visit and I've decided it's time to either move or pack it in. The caravan next door has 5 dogs and I've had over 4 years of barking at all times of the evening, up to 1am. I've decided I don't want another season of it, especially when I am paying for the privilege. I've complained several times over the years to the van owner and to the management but to no avail. Time to vote with my feet and take my purse with me!
Wow,5....cant believe your site allows that,must admit we go to van for peace and quiet.....is Mosquito site far from you as its a no dog site?
Old 25-09-2017, 15:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
Wow,5....cant believe your site allows that,must admit we go to van for peace and quiet.....is Mosquito site far from you as its a no dog site?
Treetopper that's what I like to go to the van for - peace and quiet. I live 1.5 miles from the centre of Leeds. This weekend would have been quieter at home! Next door there are 3 lurchers and 2 jack russel type dogs. When the big dogs are there on their own it's fine, it's when the little yappy dogs are there (which is most times) then that's when the problem is. The little ones start and the big ones join in. My cat is petrified (he's 16) and I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I've just rung Park Fold but they don't allow cats even if it stays inside. I won't rule anywhere out, even the "dark side" ie Lancashire lol
Old 26-09-2017, 19:32

Flixton caravan park has a couple of empty plots at the moment,may be worth giving them a ring after you have looked at their website.I live in Leeds and it takes me about an hour and twenty minutes deoending on what time l set off..As you well know the A64 can be a bugger at times.Flixton is about 10-15 mins from Filey.
Old 27-09-2017, 09:22

Quote:
Treetopper that's what I like to go to the van for - peace and quiet. I live 1.5 miles from the centre of Leeds. This weekend would have been quieter at home! Next door there are 3 lurchers and 2 jack russel type dogs. When the big dogs are there on their own it's fine, it's when the little yappy dogs are there (which is most times) then that's when the problem is. The little ones start and the big ones join in. My cat is petrified (he's 16) and I'm sick to the back teeth of it. I've just rung Park Fold but they don't allow cats even if it stays inside. I won't rule anywhere out, even the "dark side" ie Lancashire lol
There are plenty of parks in Lancashire, we googled a lot but for us, it was important to have a long winter season with no pets. If you Google sites in Lancashire, I'm sure you would find the conditions you require but the problem is finding parks that allow bring ons.

I hope you find a suitable new home for your van.
Old 25-09-2017, 13:51

Quote:
Hi Trish, it must be very disappointing for you. You need to go on a no pets site. We are on one at Fold House Park, Pilling but it may be in the wrong area for you. They do allow bring ons with certain conditions.

I hope that you get sorted as it would be a great pity to have to leave your van because of some uncaring neighbour.
Old 27-09-2017, 02:58

Quote:
That's well out of order Trish. If you don't think it's going to be to your dis-advantage, you could show this thread to your site owner? Sure I would not want bad publicity on a forum if it was me.
Old 27-09-2017, 00:09

Thanks Flixtonflyer, I will do that tomorrow, I appreciate that :-) I haven't been to Filey for years, but it was a nice little quiet seaside town.
Oh the dreaded A64 :-( I used to work in York and it wasn't the easiest of commutes from Leeds but luckily I only had to endure the dual carriageway. I thought I'd heard on the news a couple of months back that they are lobbying for some major improvements, specifically where it's single carriageway. It certainly needs it, the main route to the coast and it can be a right pain in the proverbial, why it hasn't been done before now I just don't know.