Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan > Subletting > Request

Request If you are looking to hire a caravan, why not ask our owners?

Old 30-11-2016, 10:49

Default Broadband

Anyone know how much it costs to have a line put in site and some vans have broadband so hopefully it won't cost too much I'm with talk talk at the moment at home would I get the same service in the van. Any help appreciated thanks Peds55

Old 30-11-2016, 11:03

I would talk to your park owners before you do anything else. They are the people who can give you the best advice.

Wi-Fi on our site is provided by the site for 30 per year for two lines. It isn't good enough to stream Netflix etc, but it's good enough to use a laptop and tablet at the same time without problems.

I know that a fellow member of the forum buys a package from his mobile phone company for around 30 a month. Presumably, he can stream films etc.

The Park where we are, won't let companies lay lines on the park because of potential damage electrical and water installations.
Old 30-11-2016, 13:14

As Mosquito says, probably best speaking to your park owners first. Our site already has BT cables in place on the park, so having it connected to the van I would think should be reasonably straight forward. Regarding costs, I would have thought if it's a standard installation, I would expect it to cost about the same price as it would at my home address?
Old 30-11-2016, 16:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
............................ Our site already has BT cables in place on the park, so having it connected to the van I would think should be reasonably straight forward............................
Anybody who has dealt with BT will laugh hollowly at that!

Henry
Old 03-12-2016, 11:21

I pay about 35 a month for line rental & the woman ref broadband in history. Advertised at 30g internet speed but I get 0.5 if I am lucky , when I complained they by said in the small print it garuntees you get 0.03 so as you can imagine I got no where ,contract due up in Feb & I will look at one of those Vodafone landline /broadband units .a lot of money I could spend on something else ,

http://i774.photobucket.com/albums/y...dy/caravan.jpg
Old 03-12-2016, 16:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by the batman View Post

Henry
Never a truer word BT are the pits ,even their customers service is a joke,ours finishes 26 January
Old 03-12-2016, 18:17

My son has rigged up a system whereby he thinks I will be able to receive netflix and other streams. Hopefully he will bring the equipment to the van on Monday to see if it works. It works in his home but it might be a different result in the van. There aren't too many vans that are occupied near us at the moment as quite a few owners have retreated to their winter quarters. That will hopefully prevent any problems with their strength of signal being effected.
Old 04-12-2016, 00:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by the batman View Post

Henry
Quote:
Originally Posted by muldoon View Post
Never a truer word BT are the pits ,even their customers service is a joke,ours finishes 26 January
Hmm....don't know about the above, but if this is the case I'm glad I use another provider

I was just pointing out in my post we have which as far as I'm aware BT cables already in place on our park and would have thought that if you preferred not to use BT as your provider, other provider's would be able to use BT's infrastructure
Old 04-12-2016, 08:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimseydy View Post
I pay about 35 a month for line rental & the woman ref broadband in history. Advertised at 30g internet speed but I get 0.5 if I am lucky , when I complained they by said in the small print it garuntees you get 0.03 so as you can imagine I got no where ,contract due up in Feb & I will look at one of those Vodafone landline /broadband units .a lot of money I could spend on something else ,
Have you checked whether you can upgrade to fibre,or at least check when it willbe available....at your speed it would be better using sites wifi...
Old 04-12-2016, 12:05

I did try to get a microwave system installed the other season, but line of sight to the antenna was blocked. Might be worth a google to see if anyone is covering your area with a microwave system.