Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > The Exchange > Wanted

Wanted Post where you want a caravan for exchange.

Old 21-07-2010, 23:07

We also use the oil filled radiators and think they are great, we don't find them expensive to run, we pay our electricity twice a year and not much difference between summer and winter. Can't comment on other types

Old 26-07-2010, 15:42

Smile

Hi All

Thanks for all your help, there does seem to be an easy answer to this question. Aztec is name that crops up a lot as the best alternative at least for the moment.
Old 10-08-2010, 22:00

Just got me a heater from argos so waiting to try it out now,

Stu
Old 16-08-2010, 12:02

Default Plinth Heaters

Plinth heaters and extra insulation are ok to take the edge off - but no comparison to DG and CH - if you need any more heating then you probably need to seek medical advice. Haha. Or put on some clothes! lol
Old 16-08-2010, 17:10

Just ordered my DG and under floor insulation from Darren, So will be ready
for the cold ha ha ha

Stu
Old 15-09-2010, 11:56

Default heating costs

Interesting one this we have small panel heaters and are wondering how much electric they will gobble up during the colder months. Anyone using them can you give an idea at say a few hours per day for a couple of months or what are your average electric bills coming in at for a year we are on a meter but no way of checking how much we are using until bill comes in November.

Ta Arronbrook
Old 15-09-2010, 12:00

Default great idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit View Post
Just ordered my DG and under floor insulation from Darren, So will be ready
for the cold ha ha ha

Stu
How does underfloor insulation work does it go under the caravan or under the carpets - something to think about for next year when we get over set up costs from this year. Can I be cheeky and ask how much it costs. Oh and while I'm wishing is DG as expensive to have installed in a caravan as it is in a house, size for size of course.

Arronbrook
Old 17-09-2010, 12:08

We found this quite a useful website. Basically it gives the running costs depending on what the KW of the heater. It does not matter whether it is an oil filled or a halogen heater if they are both 1000kw they will both burn the same amount of money. It just depends which type of heater suits your needs. (the tariff on the website is based on the national average so you may need to check what your site charges p/kWh, but it shouldn't be too much of a difference - you hope!!)

We tend to use halogen heaters when we are in the rooms as this gives instant direct heat, but if it it really cold we leave on our oil filled radiator during the night at a low setting. So far our bills have been absolutely fine.

http://www.sust-it.net/energy_calcul...hp?supplier=38
Old 17-09-2010, 16:03

arronbrook

the floor insulation works on a foil based insulation witch we stick to the floor under your caravan, and the foil reflects the cold air away, you dont really lose heat though your floor as heat rises its the cold air that comes under your caravan that you feel,
if you want costs for both floor insulation and dg please email me
my website link in below
cheers
Old 19-09-2010, 14:55

Default radiator

Must keep an eye on this thread as I've just got back from a weekend at our van and found that the bathroom radiator only heats up at the top 1/3rd so need to find a new one. Its electric with a towel rail attached looks just like a flat oblong stuck on the wall, can't find any details on it though like wattage or make bet it was good when new as top 1/3rd was VERY hot. Anyone else got this type and know where I can get another ? We are going to need it soon it was freezing on Friday night and Saturday morning, didn't realise how cold caravans got when not sat in lounge in front of gas fire.

Arronbrook