Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > Marketplace > Shopping > Found

Found Have you found a bargain? Why not share it here.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:17
Supporting Member

Default 2000W oil filled radiator 24

Ive just got 2 oil filled radiators from Tesco. Normally 30, on offer for 24 each. Just tested one in my front room and it kicks out A LOT of heat.

Old 12-02-2018, 13:08

Oil filled radiators are great to have as a source of extra heating. We bought one last year when the site lent us a van until ours was delivered. it's 2 Kw and was a boon.
Old 13-02-2018, 09:40
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazeyBlue View Post
Ive just got 2 oil filled radiators from Tesco. Normally 30, on offer for 24 each. Just tested one in my front room and it kicks out A LOT of heat.
hi, indeed they are good for that bit of extra heat, i have one but did not use it as we sort of had to end our season mid november last year due to the arrival of our latest grand son, i see you are moving into your new van, but delayed due to gas connection ( shame and frustrating) but just beware that generally vans only have a 16 amp electrical supply, and the 2 heaters that you have on full would just about take all this up, so if you put the kettle on as well for a cuppa you might find yourself in the dark and cold.....
some tips to save those precious amps, i changed all the lighting to LED lamps, generally 10% of the incandescent power, in winter i use a gas kettle as this does a 2 for one in that you get a cuppa and the gas ring heat also helps warm the van, and i have a motion sensor led light in the bathroom, as when popping in for a quick wiz it is bright enough for that and means that the bathroom light and extractor fan does not run, so saves electricity and heat is not being forced out of the van with the fan running, small things but also i am getting to the age when a trip to the loo in the night is sometimes needed and again the fan does not need to run for a few minutes in the middle of the night, amazon sell them they are usb rechargeable and quite bright enough for a whizz in the night it was 6-7 and i fitted it on velcro lasts about a month between charges, hope you enjoy your new van, i am listing supplies to get for the new season ahead, but also thinking its a couple of weeks away and i hope it warms up a bit as looking outside its very cold and blustery at the moment
Old 13-02-2018, 12:01

Must admit we have a great eleccy fire in lounge that is 2kw on max,and ch controlled by wireless thermostat. ...so if you have 2 ,2kw ofr be aware of overload...
We have a 1 kw ofr but rarely use it on max in bedroom
Old 13-02-2018, 12:02
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionblue22 View Post
hi, indeed they are good for that bit of extra heat, i have one but did not use it as we sort of had to end our season mid november last year due to the arrival of our latest grand son, i see you are moving into your new van, but delayed due to gas connection ( shame and frustrating) but just beware that generally vans only have a 16 amp electrical supply, and the 2 heaters that you have on full would just about take all this up, so if you put the kettle on as well for a cuppa you might find yourself in the dark and cold.....
some tips to save those precious amps, i changed all the lighting to LED lamps, generally 10% of the incandescent power, in winter i use a gas kettle as this does a 2 for one in that you get a cuppa and the gas ring heat also helps warm the van, and i have a motion sensor led light in the bathroom, as when popping in for a quick wiz it is bright enough for that and means that the bathroom light and extractor fan does not run, so saves electricity and heat is not being forced out of the van with the fan running, small things but also i am getting to the age when a trip to the loo in the night is sometimes needed and again the fan does not need to run for a few minutes in the middle of the night, amazon sell them they are usb rechargeable and quite bright enough for a whizz in the night it was 6-7 and i fitted it on velcro lasts about a month between charges, hope you enjoy your new van, i am listing supplies to get for the new season ahead, but also thinking its a couple of weeks away and i hope it warms up a bit as looking outside its very cold and blustery at the moment
Yep still very cold, but its got a month to get a little warmer (I live in hope). I will bear that in mind with the OFRs thank you. We dont intend to use them much, maybe just as a top up if it gets really cold, and probably only one a time I would of thought. We are bursting in our house with stuff we have accumulated these past couple of months, so looking forward to moving in soon, even if its just to get my house back and have a proper tidy and clean up.
Old 13-02-2018, 12:39

We use our central heating twice a day. We have it set to come on at 6 am for a couple of hours before we get up. We usually set it to come on again at 5:30 pm till 8:00 pm and have the electric fire on until we go to bed. Half an hour before we go to bed we switch on an eco electric heater that we have, just to keep the bedroom warm before we retire. it works well for us even on the coldest days.
Old 13-02-2018, 13:55

Quote:
Originally Posted by missionblue22 View Post
i have a motion sensor led light in the bathroom, as when popping in for a quick wiz it is bright enough for that and means that the bathroom light and extractor fan does not run, so saves electricity and heat is not being forced out of the van with the fan running, small things but also i am getting to the age when a trip to the loo in the night is sometimes needed and again the fan does not need to run for a few minutes in the middle of the night, amazon sell them they are usb rechargeable and quite bright enough for a whizz in the night it was 6-7 and i fitted it on velcro lasts about a month between charges,

I like the sound of the Motion Sensor Led Light for the toilet / bathroom

Looked on Amazon and are loads of them, could you please post a link of the one you have purchased?

Cylon
Old 13-02-2018, 22:53
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cylon View Post
I like the sound of the Motion Sensor Led Light for the toilet / bathroom

Looked on Amazon and are loads of them, could you please post a link of the one you have purchased?

Cylon
Motion Sensor Light, Techole LED Cupboard Night Light with Rechargeable Battery, Magnetic Strip Stick-on Wardrobe Cabinet Closet Under Counter Cupboard Kitchen Shed Garage Lighting-3 Lighting Modes

sorry, not too tech minded for links ( ooooops ) but copied the description, it is 8.59 at the moment on amazon

hope this works for you, mark

Last edited by missionblue22; 15-02-2018 at 00:33.
Old 13-02-2018, 23:39
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HazeyBlue View Post
Yep still very cold, but its got a month to get a little warmer (I live in hope). I will bear that in mind with the OFRs thank you. We dont intend to use them much, maybe just as a top up if it gets really cold, and probably only one a time I would of thought. We are bursting in our house with stuff we have accumulated these past couple of months, so looking forward to moving in soon, even if its just to get my house back and have a proper tidy and clean up.
i remember last may when we got our van, i collected so much stuff that we had to hire a van to take all the stuff down, even then we used to list everything we were missing and had car full each trip down
it is a bit the same now though after the shut down, i took a car load down a couple of weeks ago when i did the mid shut down check and re filled the moisture traps, but i still have a load of stuff to squeeze in the car in a couple of weeks time, going to have to do the supermarket shop when we are there with all the stuff needed to re stock the cupboards, we do treat it like a home from home, so pretty much everything we have at home we duplicate at the van,
only a couple of weeks now.....
Old 13-02-2018, 23:54
Supporting Member

We also use motion sensor lights in loos and passageway but leave them loose on floor and on top of bin or toilet tank. Ours have AA batteries and can use rechargeable ones. Batteries last ages - a year at least. Great if there is a power cut as they light the way but can also pick them up and use as torch. They are round ones about 3" across. Smaller ones aren't so useful. Bought ours from Amazon 5 years ago but have bought several for presents since and can get them in lots of places - supermarkets and walking/camping shops etc. now.