Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 05-03-2018, 16:23

Default Looking to sell my Static to a trader

Unfortunately this season will be our last, so does any one know of any traders.

Or this is a long shot I know does any body know of any sites in northern Brittany or Normandy where they will allow bring ons
TIA

Old 05-03-2018, 16:46

Have you tried the caravan companies who sell caravans abroad such as Caravans in the Sun? They sell caravans all over Europe and they will also transport your caravan over to one of the parks on their books, if that park allows bring ons. You should check out the website to see if there are any parks in the area that you want and then contact them by email to find out if any of those parks will let you take your caravan over. It’s not cheap to transport it overseas though. The cost they charge depends on the size of your van. I think it starts at 9 1/2 thousand pounds. We were quoted 12 1/2 thousand pounds to transport our old van. In the end we decided it wasn’t worth it, so we sold the van a couple of months ago. We are now waiting until our pets have passed on, because they are getting quite old, and once we are free to travel we are thinking of purchasing a caravan over in Spain. I’m pretty sure Caravans in the Sun also have parks in France.
Old 05-03-2018, 16:53

BTW we sold to a trader, however, the park manager arranged for several of them to come and view the van and let them all submit bids. I can’t remember the names, I’m afraid.
Old 06-03-2018, 11:07

It depends on where you are based but if you're near to Lancashire, you might try West Lancs Caravans. They buy and sell. Here is a link.
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/uv?hl=...KCA6QQoioIeTAN
Old 08-03-2018, 09:38

Anbother northern trader again depends whereabouts you are
http://gordonhoeycaravans.co.uk/
Old 09-03-2018, 12:40

Try camping du quinquis le pouldu. I used to own a chalet there. English owned at time and I think still is
Old 09-03-2018, 12:41

Bought mine from Yorkshire leisure wetherby . They have a place in Bridlington I believe
Old 10-03-2018, 16:50
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LissaLyon View Post
Bought mine from Yorkshire leisure wetherby . They have a place in Bridlington I believe
Bridlington is the main site, Iím thinking & itís called Bridlington Caravans, itís worth a visit for anybody thinking of getting a static. But remember that in most cases you buy through the site,as sited and installed so the price is higher than what is displayed on the vans at Bridlington Caravans.
Old 10-03-2018, 16:55
Supporting Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbiefay View Post
Unfortunately this season will be our last, so does any one know of any traders.

Or this is a long shot I know does any body know of any sites in northern Brittany or Normandy where they will allow bring ons
TIA
I donít know the name alas,, but I know our site ď have a dealer who will buy & take awayĒ but I think itís usually scrap value
Old 11-03-2018, 09:05

Quite a few sites will allow bring ons a couple i know near Dinan La Halleries which is a municipal site, and Camping Beausejour just up the road from Taden, you will also get an old pitch on Domain du logis a few miles west of Combourg about 25 miles from ST Malo
logistics getting there will probably be more than the van is worth though you can buy a used static on these sites from around 15k getting a van there and set up will be nearer 10k

Another option this dealer http://www.bonnevieholidays.co.uk/ will buy or part exchange your van they deal with most of the sites i mentioned

Last edited by water hog; 11-03-2018 at 09:10.