Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 15-02-2017, 07:20

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCL View Post
Up for sale at the moment.
Our site has same conditions, sell privately and 15% fee. We were happy to accept the reduced offer for a quick sale, but on the understanding that the van and the decking would be removed. Perhaps "sharp practice" is an understatement
Just think it has saved you months of trying to find a buyer,and possibly having to pay site fees......my advice to anyone were the ones has decided to give up for whatever reason is to do what you have done...take whatever money ,remember the good times......my oh said to me if we get x amount for van ,it won't be like we have not got any money back...plus we would not be bothered if the park sold it on etc.etc.as we were the ones who had instigated the sale....

Old 15-02-2017, 07:45

I get what you're saying and i would agree that on or off site it is now irrelevant.
However, the van was put back up for sale, on site, immediately, not a few weeks later, not even a few days later. There was clearly never any intention to remove the caravan, as previously mentioned, "sharp practice" indeed.
From your post it is obvious that you have much higher standards and integrity than the site we have had the misfortune to deal with and i wish you every succes.
Old 15-02-2017, 07:57

Yeah it stinks a bit to immediately re market it. We had Mr s leave last year with a 2006 atlas. It was a marginal does it stay does it go. Wanted his money before xmas. We paid out 7750 and he was thrilled. He too seemed to get bogged down on whether it was staying on. At the time we didn't know. Anyway two months later it's gone off as a customer wanted a new unit. We lost about 1k once we factored a complex de site. I really feel for you this sounds a bit sharp, but as I said put it behind you. And thanks for taking my first post with good humour that was how it was intended.
Old 15-02-2017, 07:58

The rules of the Forum unfortunately don't allow us to name and shame.
I think if the request for the site name was made privately and not in the public domain then that would be ok, (but not sure)
It would be nice to share our experience so that other people can make informed decisions when choosing a park, there are some good site owners out there, but there are also some too avoid.
Old 15-02-2017, 09:17

Quote:
Up for sale at the moment.
Our site has the same conditions, sell privately and 15% fee. We were happy to accept the reduced offer for a quick sale, but on the understanding that the van and the decking would be removed. Perhaps "sharp practice" is an understatement
I didn't mean to diminish what the park did as I see sharp practice as lying and is definitely wrong. Perhaps you could take the matter further, but first I would go and have a talk with the park to see what they have to say on the matter.
Old 15-02-2017, 10:34

Already tried that, there is no remorse or decency with this site owner.
Old 15-02-2017, 11:21

There will be lots of park owners who will be reading and feeling quite annoyed at how this park has behaved. Thankfully the behaviour of this park is not representative of all parks.

Sorry your caravanning has ended in such a disappointing way.

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 15-02-2017, 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeTops View Post
There will be lots of park owners who will be reading and feeling quite annoyed at how this park has behaved. Thankfully the behaviour of this park is not representative of all parks.

Sorry your caravanning has ended in such a disappointing way.
As yourself being a park owner TreeTops, it was pleasing to read your above comments

Based on what GCL claimed had happened and emails from the site confirming this, does cheshirecat have a point with regards to contacting NACO?
Old 15-02-2017, 13:20

Quote:
The rules of the Forum unfortunately don't allow us to name and shame.
I think if the request for the site name was made privately and not in the public domain then that would be ok, (but not sure)
It would be nice to share our experience so that other people can make informed decisions when choosing a park, there are some good site owners out there, but there are also some too avoid.
You could just inadvertantly add your location to your profile without putting it on a post (probably just got myself banned from the forum now)

http://s1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii490/bluemax90/
Old 15-02-2017, 14:27

Thank you for your kind words. It is refreshing to hear site owners like yourselves are annoyed that this park owner has behaved in such an appalling way.
Whilst the end of our static caravan experience has left a very bitter taste, I would like to say to the many park owners who are a credit to their industry, I sincerely wish you continued success for the future.