Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Selling A Caravan

Selling A Caravan Discussion about selling a caravan.

Old 16-02-2017, 08:59

Do you not still own the decking. As it was meant to be decommissioned and removed could you not demand the return of the decommissioned bits? OK you don't 'want' them but it might give the operator a bit of a kick to pay a few quid extra, or at least cause them some aggro?

Old 16-02-2017, 09:55

Tried that as well. They e-mailed that "we had handed over the keys and given ***** responsibility for the decking, it's not yours". I replied that we had not handed responsibility to ***** and attache an extract from e-mail clearly stating the decking would be "decommissioned and removed" Unfortunately this site owner is only interested in money, has no integrity and is not interested.
Old 16-02-2017, 10:58

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCL View Post
Tried that as well. They e-mailed that "we had handed over the keys and given ***** responsibility for the decking, it's not yours". I replied that we had not handed responsibility to ***** and attache an extract from e-mail clearly stating the decking would be "decommissioned and removed" Unfortunately this site owner is only interested in money, has no integrity and is not interested.
A few quid for a solicitors letter and file in small claims court, it will cause them more aggro than it will cost you and it could be fun
Old 16-02-2017, 12:33

Quote:
I would let it go now...at least you got a deal you were happy with,at the time maybe as someone has suggested change your login to include site.....
Old 16-02-2017, 20:45

Sad but it might be time to scrape this turd off your shoe and walk away
Old 17-02-2017, 06:37

Just remember the name and shame is to protect Darren from being sued. Not because we aren't sympathetic with people who feel unfairly treated. Thanks for your understanding

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 17-02-2017, 07:10

Maybe wrong but it looks as though GCL has had over 8 years on site,so site must be ok...must have been hard to give it up....I can recommend a park just down the road from Cheshire...
Old 17-02-2017, 08:42

Site was nice, owners were not. Once they had your money they wanted nothing to do with you. Anything you asked for you didn't get. One static owner called at the house to pay them the annual fee and was met with a tirade of abuse, they were told "i don't want anything to do with you caravan people when i'm here". Circumstances dictated that we stuck it out for 8 years, if we had been in a better position we would of gone long ago, purely because of owners attitude.
Can you name the park you recommend?
Old 17-02-2017, 09:52

Quote:
Site was nice, owners were not. Once they had your money they wanted nothing to do with you. Anything you asked for you didn't get. One static owner called at the house to pay them the annual fee and was met with a tirade of abuse, they were told "i don't want anything to do with you caravan people when i'm here". Circumstances dictated that we stuck it out for 8 years, if we had been in a better position we would of gone long ago, purely because of owners attitude.
Can you name the park you recommend?
Yes....Treetops...we actually live in Cheshire, so may know your site if it's near a forest? You can put your site,in the user cp, details...
Old 17-02-2017, 14:45

Thanks for that, updated user cp