Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > The Lounge > Introduction

Introduction Why not take a moment to introduce yourself.

Closed Thread

Old 14-11-2011, 17:37

Thumbs down new owners at Talacre beach

i bought this year, a new wllerby beaumaris caravan with blow air heaters. It didnt have double glazing.The sales said it was very warm caravan, and maintains heat, and economical to heat. From the day we used it in august, we found it very cold, very expensive with the electric meter. As soon as we turned the heater off, temperature dropped dramatically, even in aug, sept. IT is an ex demo model, and we wondered if the insulation levels are lower than usual. The caravan is based on salisbury, with aspen features. Lots of ceiling vents very draughty. Has anyone else at talacre beach had same problems. We paid 35,000 AND THINK WE WAS CHARGED OVER WHAT IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN

Last edited by Angela M; 14-11-2011 at 19:38. Reason: Moved to Introduction section. Angela B

Old 14-11-2011, 17:45

I'm amazed that a modern van doesn't have double glazing as standard. Is this the norm? We bought our Abi St David this year and it was a year old. The van is double glazed and we find it keeps pretty warm without heating most of the time. It warms up pretty quickly with just the gas fire and we have only used the CH a few times during October. Although we are on the Suffolk coast and those easterlies can pack a punch, we have a sheltered pitch and I think this does help.
Old 14-11-2011, 18:43

For a ex-demo model, even this years model, I wouldn't entertain that price. A demo model should have the standard insulation as any other modern vans. I must say I am amazed that this years model hasn't got DG as most new vans have this feature or option, maybe reason it was a demo.

My van is an old 2002 Atlas and is cold due to the ali windows fitted, hoping to upgarde to DG next year. But, with the gas fire on it gets rather cosy and does tend to keep its heat, back bedroom is cold but the fitted electric heater does get it nice and warm and with it being on the thermostat it isn't too bad on electric.

I don't know why your van is so cold and draughty via the vents, you do get a few cold spots and can get some cold air movements when it is windy, but you hardly notice them.

Si

Check out the social group clubs on my page:http://www.gostatic.co.uk/member.php?u=17474
BERT the Gostatic mascot-RIP 2012. Fare well faithful defender of our static

Last edited by eddiesolo; 14-11-2011 at 18:51.
Old 14-11-2011, 19:26

Hi and welcome philter66.There are a people on here from your park ,who will hopefully help with your questions,and concerns.

Last edited by treetopper; 14-11-2011 at 19:55.
Old 14-11-2011, 19:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiesolo View Post

My van is an old 2002 Atlas and is cold due to the ali windows fitted, hoping to upgarde to DG next year. But, with the gas fire on it gets rather cosy and does tend to keep its heat, back bedroom is cold but the fitted electric heater does get it nice and warm and with it being on the thermostat it isn't too bad on electric.

Si
Think long and hard Eddie before having DG as has been discussed in old threads ,you will loose ALL your DG money when you come to sell.
Old 14-11-2011, 20:30

Location: Towyn North Wales..where the Brummies meet the Scousers.

Talacre beach is a lovely park. You must have let your heart rule your head to spend that much on a van with no dg.
Old 14-11-2011, 20:42

Pricey park and pricey vans-my mate was looking round that way a while back. the salesman was telling him there were premiership footballers on there! Looks nice though
Old 14-11-2011, 21:51

Checked out the site, very nice, not for us, wouldn't use half of it, but lovely location and beach, fees from 3500-no idea what this gets you.

Si

Check out the social group clubs on my page:http://www.gostatic.co.uk/member.php?u=17474
Old 14-11-2011, 21:56

Quote:
Think long and hard Eddie before having DG as has been discussed in old threads ,you will loose ALL your DG money when you come to sell.
I know mate, but, I would rather be snug and then I can use the van right upto Xmas, intend to keep the van for 5 years + (I know there are no certs, but you can try). The ali windows are thin and chronic, moisture all over them, draughty even if weather mildish. Hopefully, the DG will cost me around 400ish per year I have the van, that is if I keep it for 5 years.

Si

Old 14-11-2011, 23:10
Retired Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by treetopper View Post
If you have an older van and are thinking of keeping it for a while then I would say go for double glazing - it is cheaper than upgrading to one with double glazing, even if you don't get the money back when you part-exchange it or sell it on.
Closed Thread