Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet

About Supporting Members FUP (Please Read) The GoStatic Reference Hub
Go Back   Static Caravan Owners Advice Forum | Sales | Rental | Sublet > GoStatic University > Owning A Caravan

Owning A Caravan Discussion about owning a caravan.

Old 25-10-2013, 18:14

Default Advice on Site owners and caravan

Hi,

We changed our van in August on a well known large site, purchased a nice second hand one we liked, anyway we are a few months later and the supposed things they say they will fix still arnt done.

Our storage box is still sitting in the middle of the pitch unsited, the steps for the front of the van still arnt connected, repairs that were meant to be done, which arnt small things imo, like a door missing off the onsuite still havnt been done.

Anyway, I am about fedup of it now, because to add salt to the wound, we found out after having a problem with the boiler, that its a 2005 model (October) and confirmed it with a chassis/serial number of 05, when we were charged for and all the paper work says its an 06, including the Black Horse finance.

Now I know its only a year difference, but still we will get less for it when/if we sell or wanted to upgrade.

Im not happy with the whole year difference thing, but am I wrong? Would you class a 10/2005 as a 2006 model? Or is this something to kick up a fuss over?

Old 25-10-2013, 20:16

The 2014 models are on sale now I guess their boilers will have a 2013 sticker. The rest no I'd be raising hell.

Good friends are hard to find, difficult to leave and impossible to forget.
Old 25-10-2013, 20:25

Yea thats what I thought, my problem is the 2005 was no different from the 2006, but when I spoke to Insurance companys they said it was a 2005 model base off the serial number of the caravan.

As you can imagine I want as much to argue with as possible, but if its foolish then I wont use it.

Also I know you can see 2014 models on sites etc but can you actually buy them now?

Thanks again for your help!
Old 25-10-2013, 20:52
Supporting Member

Yes you can buy 2014 vans now.

ML.
Old 25-10-2013, 20:56

To check the age of your caravan call the customer services department at the manufacturers.

Regarding the unresolved issues, write to the park manager asking for a date he or she thinks they can realistically complete the issues

You Can Find Us In The Following Places:
Website -- Flickr Album -- FaceBook -- Blog -- Twitter -- YouTube
Old 26-10-2013, 04:42

replacement doors etc can take ages to come, they maybe just thinking they will come and do all the jobs at once, if you explained that the different items bothered you, firstly they may explain and then they may well just come up and do the steps etc.
Personally I wouldn't go in all guns blazing.
Old 26-10-2013, 16:11

It's a pity these things always happen, I'm very dubious when people say I will sort that later.

Nowadays I don't hand over any cash till the work is done.
Old 27-10-2013, 19:42

Quote:
Originally Posted by GULLARM View Post
It's a pity these things always happen, I'm very dubious when people say I will sort that later.

Nowadays I don't hand over any cash till the work is done.
Just a thought from the other side, so Mallowbrain bought a van off the site, I guess they liked it etc. 'they realise it needs a new en suite door' the owner says he will sort it out as part of the deal. Yourself Gullam say "that's great thanks, I'll pay you when it's done" I can imagine the scene, you see the site owner 2 weeks later coming out of the van with old door in hand, you wonder across all excited, you call to the OH to fetch the cheque book, hi Mr siteowner have you repaired the door ? "I have yes" "oh great can we have the keys"?
"no sorry you can't" why not because he sold it to someone else that was willing to pay him.

Don't wind the site owner up, just go and ask him, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET REPLACEMENT PARTS? they don't sell them in B&Q
Old 28-10-2013, 07:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andysport View Post
Just a thought from the other side, so Mallowbrain bought a van off the site, I guess they liked it etc. 'they realise it needs a new en suite door' the owner says he will sort it out as part of the deal. Yourself Gullam say "that's great thanks, I'll pay you when it's done" I can imagine the scene, you see the site owner 2 weeks later coming out of the van with old door in hand, you wonder across all excited, you call to the OH to fetch the cheque book, hi Mr siteowner have you repaired the door ? "I have yes" "oh great can we have the keys"?
"no sorry you can't" why not because he sold it to someone else that was willing to pay him.

Don't wind the site owner up, just go and ask him, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TAKES TO GET REPLACEMENT PARTS? they don't sell them in B&Q
I'm sorry you think it's acceptable. I don't. As a park owner, if I say I am going to do something I do it. If there are any supply problems I keep my customer up to date every step of the way. There is no need for it to take forever to get spares, if they have them at the factory then in theory you could have them within 24 hours, although I admit this rarely happens.

There are a lot of promises made to people in this industry by people who have no intention of honouring them and I for one find it totally unacceptable. Site owners are not Gods, they are people who want your money so the very least they can do is give you what you paid for along with a little respect.

Rant over, it's been a long season!
Old 28-10-2013, 07:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by indianwells View Post
I'm sorry you think it's acceptable. I don't. As a park owner, if I say I am going to do something I do it. If there are any supply problems I keep my customer up to date every step of the way. There is no need for it to take forever to get spares, if they have them at the factory then in theory you could have them within 24 hours, although I admit this rarely happens.

There are a lot of promises made to people in this industry by people who have no intention of honouring them and I for one find it totally unacceptable. Site owners are not Gods, they are people who want your money so the very least they can do is give you what you paid for along with a little respect.

Rant over, it's been a long season!
I was just trying to say there might be a simple explanation, the site owner might be an ar*e Mallowbrain won't know until they ask.

If this helps, on our site when we took over one owner promptly spoke to me like I was a piece of sh*t, they said "just to pre warn you if you try it on like the previous owners you too will find yourself in court" NICE, needless to say they have grass growing through their decking, weeds in their path, I don't strim round their unit I just blanket weed kill, they asked If I could turn their hot tub on one weekend I quoted 25 everybody else free. With them I do only what I have to do and by the book, they don't speak to me as the next time they tried I said "I'll be back in a minute I just need to go and get a witness" "just in case I end up in court" suits me.
I might send them a Christmas card, actually no I won't.

IANDIANWELLS, your season is over ? we have 5 units rent out they are full until the 11th November, hit & miss after that full xmas & new year, & 73 bookings already in for 2014
192 bookings in 2013, I reckon 2014 will be a better year just wish more owners would rent their units.